e320cdi transmission cooler pipe size??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GSI-jim

Car
w211 E320 cdi
52 w211 e320cdi i am going to fit a 13 row cooler for the gearbox & also an inline 80degree thermostat but before ordering need to know what size the original cooler pipes are. Does anyone know??

thanks James

This is to people who have fitted a seperate oil cooler, what size hose did you use? If i buy a cooler it comes with 8mm or 12mm hose & joiners. The outside diameter of the original metal part of the cooler pipes are about 10.3mm so if i cut the original rubber part of the pipe will a 12mm joiner fit inside?

Well i went with the 13 row 12mm oil cooler hoses & an inline 80degree thermostat, should turn up thursday so hopefully get it fitted next weekend.

roughly how much gearbox oil will i need? Im going to change the oil & filter & the wiring plug in the box & want to flusb the tc by running it with the cooler pipe off until fresh fluid comes out.

Looks like You are quite alone with your project :confused:

Take some good pictures during the job, there is always room for nice DIY sticky.

According threads I've read, you will need up to 16L oil (probably less, flushing continues until outcoming oil is clear)

Hi Jim
Did everything work out. I'm about to do the same thing, where did you end up cutting the lines. Im also going for a 13 row cooler and 80c mocal thermostat.
Any help will be much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom