E320cdi w211 Whistling sound when accelerating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
I guys I have a small problem with my car first of all personally I think the car engine is working a bit loudly but not sure as never had a diesel engine, the a bit slow on acceleration and you can hear a whistling sound when accelerating. What can it be guy please help and thanks in advance

If that's your car in the photo. it's a W211 (especially since there is not an E320cdi W212).

The whistle could be the turbo.

How slow is it at accelerating...what are you used to?

renault12ts said:
No Steve, it's not your fault...you bought a lemon, but that's not your fault.:p

Aye it's true about what they say about MB dealers, can't trust them...

renault12ts said:
If that's your car in the photo. it's a W211 (especially since there is not an E320cdi W212).

Hi sorry yeah it's w211 it's still quite fast but when you accelerate you wait a second or two and then its pull off the thing that I'm really worrying about is the whistling sound

renault12ts said:

It's it's a turbo where the whistling sound coming from? Can it be a hole in the pipes?

It's it's a turbo where the whistling sound coming from? Can it be a hole in the pipes?

Are you in C or S on the gearbox?

The C is a slower? at pull away.
S is standard not sport on this model.

s88 said:
Are you in C or S on the gearbox?

The C is a slower? at pull away.
S is standard not sport on this model.

Hi I tried it in c and s mode doesn't make any difference

Is it not the sound of the turbo itself spinning - these whistle a bit under load?

JohnEBoy said:
Is it not the sound of the turbo itself spinning - these whistle a bit under load?

I'm not sure mate it looks like the sound comes from front end under bonnet

It's your turbo.

I love the sound of a turbo spinning and the whirring of a supercharger.

It's very difficult to express in words a sound your engine is making - on a thread with posters who have very differing perceptions - which means it is difficult to convey what is normal and what is not.

I had a listen to some E320CDI clips on You Tube and with the windows shut, I couldn't hear the turbo (could be poor sound quality of the clip).

If you can hear a loud whilsting in the cabin with the windows shut, it could be your turbo is on its way out...

I would take it to a good inde recommended from here and see what they think.

The fact you've not had a turbo diesel before might mean you just don't yet know what is normal and what is not.

Thanks guys for your advice here and I'll take it to a local garage

astamir said:
Hi sorry yeah it's w211 it's still quite fast but when you accelerate you wait a second or two and then its pull off the thing that I'm really worrying about is the whistling sound

Turbo seal gone. It will be pissing oil everywhere as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom