E350 2011 engine siezed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's something not right about it i agree about the hydraulic lock but once something has bent thus releasing the pressure it would turn over ,the bit i don't get is it did it at 70mph ish, engines usally talk to you before failure

Remember its already been removed from the motorway and dropped at a garage so sometime has already passed 😳

Not at 70mph you haven't 🤣
No seriously there's something missing here ,petrol or diesel it still smells odd

Just noticed that, goes back to May 5th, over a month ago !
That wasn't what I was referring to - but now I've seen it.....
Electrical problem then, and seized one month later. I'd focus on the electrical problem as the start point. Seizure (if it is seized - recall, hydraulic locks occur when parked, things seize when left, etc, etc) didn't bring this thing to a halt - not in my mind.

Both threads contradict each other i don't think we'll find out what the issue was/is
🤫

Have they tried turning the engine with the auxiliary belt removed? Failing alternator could cause electrical faults and it may now have seized (though if their breaker bar is long enough I would expect the belt to slip)

The belt would just slip if alternator is seized try turning it over backwards.
So just to be clear has the fault been resolved what happened a month ago?as this thread reads as though the engine has just happened?🤫

The belt would just slip if alternator is seized try turning it over backwards.
So just to be clear has the fault been resolved what happened a month ago?as this thread reads as though the engine has just happened?🤫
Hi no it was the same thing i believed it was electrical with all yhe problems but as ive been workimg abroad i took the car to the garage and only found out when i returned they tell me its actually the engine siezed but no explanation on the electrical side
The car is booked in with german autos now on the 24th

Yes i did think it was electrical but the garage now tell me it is siezed and wont turn
That is two different things that may or may not be connected. An engine seizing does not send the electrics into fits.

Until I hear that there has been an attempt to 'work' the engine clockwise and back with all external possibilities for locking it up isolated, I'm not convinced of a seizure diagnosis. If it turns even slightly it isn't seized but jammed.

When it failed on the road - did it feel like it was coasting (as it would with the throttle pedal lifted) or as if braking had been applied? Only one of those scenarios is compatible with a live seizure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom