E350 2015 Horrible "safety" feature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are reversing, and then open the door...what happens?

I'm pretty sure on mine if I undo the seatbelt and open the door when in reverse it does knock it into park, but if I then put my foot on the brake and select reverse again I can drive all day long without a seatbelt in reverse with my door open

I get this message, but it still allows me to maneuver. Mines a 14 plate though.

Attachments

• image-514819647.jpg
    image-514819647.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 37
It is a pita all the same, elf-n-safety gone berserk. And I would like to know why it insists on telling me there are no back seat passengers who don't have their seatbelts on every time I key the ign. What's that all about?

I don't think mine even tells you if a door is open. I thought that was standard on all cars these days.

boxbrownie said:
:eek: Really? On a '14MY......that's crazy I would have thought.

You've got me thinking now. I would have thought it had, but there's no suggestions of it. I'll have to get one of the kids to leave the doer open to see what happens... Lol

Panic over, I thought better not get the kids to hang out of the car while it's moving, so I left my door a jar and after a few seconds it indicated the door was open.

Panic over, I thought better not get the kids to hang out of the car while it's moving, so I left my door a jar and after a few seconds it indicated the door was open.

:thumb:

It is a pita all the same, elf-n-safety gone berserk. And I would like to know why it insists on telling me there are no back seat passengers who don't have their seatbelts on every time I key the ign. What's that all about?
Meant to mention this a few weeks ago though may be known to most.
When this comes on just click ok on left hand button on steering wheel.
Has taken me two years to find that out and then it was purely by accident!

I can confirm thst it will let me reverse with the door open as long as I select reverse after opening the door, I then get the message warning me not to fall out, but it does let me do it. Problem solved I guess, as long as I remember to open the door first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom