e350 brabus convertible 7g question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pittnathan

Car
CLK55 AMG
Hi. I've just sold my ml420 amg after spending thousands sorting the gearbox and torque converter, because I just didn't trust it anymore.

I'm now just about to put a deposit on a e350 brabus on a 2010 with 55k miles. Are the 7g boxes unreliable in all mercedes models? I've test drove it and it's silky smooth compared to the Ml.

Any 7g advice would be great.

Pittnathan said:
Hi. I've just sold my ml420 amg after spending thousands sorting the gearbox and torque converter, because I just didn't trust it anymore. I'm now just about to put a deposit on a e350 brabus on a 2010 with 55k miles. Are the 7g boxes unreliable in all mercedes models? I've test drove it and it's silky smooth compared to the Ml. Any 7g advice would be great.

Never had a problem with mine as you say silky smooth :)

Fingers crossed I'm as lucky as you then! What sort of mileage are you upto if you don't mind me asking?

no problems with mine either....silky smooth and I am pumping plenty power through it.
If I have any problems with mine it will be going straight to Weistec to have it stripped and re-assembled ( built transmission) which ironically would be far cheaper than mercedes stripping and "overhauling"

Had 6 mercs with 7g's never a problem

I'm so glad I posted this! I was starting to think all 7G gearboxes were doomed after searching Google! I'm going to phone the deposit in now!

ForumRunner_20150712_163232.jpg

Pittnathan said:
I'm so glad I posted this! I was starting to think all 7G gearboxes were doomed after searching Google! I'm going to phone the deposit in now!
Nice motor, don't think you will be disappointed 35mpg around town and 50+ on a run :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom