E350 C207 with P2453 and P2454 error code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McT

Car
2010 C207 E350
I've owned my 2010 135k C207 for 3 years now, which i bought with 70k on it and was intended for commuting use between Scotland and Milton Keynes so put 40k on it in a matter of months before Covid happened and i now work from home. The car is still used regularly for motorway journeys so doesn't exactly sit around and is still well used.

Since getting it i have had the usual A/C condenser failure (£250), one of the rear suspension levelling sensors failed and needing replacing (£200) and the electronic ignition switch motor failed (fixed by me) but it has been largely trouble free until throwing the DPF related errors. It was driven the 20 miles very gingerly to the garage yesterday as it was revving high and not going into a gear higher than 5th even if i tried to do so manually so i am currently sitting waiting on news.

I don't see too many postings with regards to these error messages and am now at the stick or twist point with the car.....................I don't want to get rid but am now debating as to whether or not this is the time to do it.

Thoughts?

Hopefully it will be the differential pressure sensor rather than the actual dpf being stuffed. With motorway miles it should be in reasonable nick but it may have had a hard life prior to you. Even if it is the dpf you may get away with an off the car clean as the ash can be removed with chemical cleaner. The on car cleaning doesn’t seem that great to me.
It is a tricky one with these cars, I have an A207 2010 350cdi, they are lovely cars but it doesn’t pay to get too attached as that can turn into an expensive game. I learnt that lesson with my 2006 GL420 which just turned into a money pit!

Reactions: McT
If you put those error codes into the search box (top right) there are plenty of threads covering this.

Reactions: McT
@Larkone
Apologies - nothing of note came up when i put in the new thread title
Will have a look though
Thanks

@McT I got two pages for each code from the search box

I've owned my 2010 135k C207 for 3 years now, which i bought with 70k on it and was intended for commuting use between Scotland and Milton Keynes so put 40k on it in a matter of months before Covid happened and i now work from home. The car is still used regularly for motorway journeys so doesn't exactly sit around and is still well used.

Since getting it i have had the usual A/C condenser failure (£250), one of the rear suspension levelling sensors failed and needing replacing (£200) and the electronic ignition switch motor failed (fixed by me) but it has been largely trouble free until throwing the DPF related errors. It was driven the 20 miles very gingerly to the garage yesterday as it was revving high and not going into a gear higher than 5th even if i tried to do so manually so i am currently sitting waiting on news.

I don't see too many postings with regards to these error messages and am now at the stick or twist point with the car.....................I don't want to get rid but am now debating as to whether or not this is the time to do it.

Thoughts?

It'll just be something simple , can't see it costing more than £100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom