E350 Cab Aircap Will not Retract

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just had my E350 cab serviced at MB Northampton and now the aircap is not retracting properly. It tries to go down and then goes back up. I managed to get it back down with a combination of button pressing and a helping hand. Does this sound like the software problems you were having ? Thanks for any advice

I had the same problem but it was not software related. I finally got fed up with it and cut off the broken pin in the AirCap system. Now works perfectly!

Hi "thebook" are you takling about the two plastic pins that lock the Aircap in place when closed. I am assuming I have the same issue. Are these Pins located where the two central hinges retract into if it closes properly? Without the locking Pins (if working as they should) does the Aircap not rattle in the wind at speed?

hello forum,

I had this problem today and my search for the solution led me to this thread so thought I’d post my experience in case it helps others. So it would not close and when I pressed the on off button (centre console) on the left it would blink off and on again and retract and open very slightly. Put the roof down and back up a couple of times, locked it, kept fiddling, chleared any flies and still no joy. Anyway on the way home with roof down I aggressively pressed both sides of the button, both lights went on, then I pressed the off button and it retracted. I’m thinking I my angry button pressing found a reset combo? This happened once previously with rear windows not closing (but Mercedes breakdown sorted that).

Thanks to all the previous posters on this issue.
I have a similar issue with my E250 Cabriolet.
The Aircap deflector does not go up. The lights on the activation button do not come on.
I will try a software update to see if this resolves the issue.
I'll advise on any progress.
I have other ideas if this does not work.

Hello and thanks to everyone who’s posted previously on this post. I thought I’d share my recent experience with my aircap issue. My car was in for a software update to fix an issue with the rear windows and hadn’t thought anything more about it. Then earlier this week I tried to use the aircap and found that the front deflector wouldn’t extend and no lights on the button. Saw this thread and went to the dealership. They were adamant that the issue wasn’t related, as the update was to the window module and couldn’t possibly be related, absolute flat refusal to help, but would happily book me in if I paid for diagnostic check. Went to an Indy that I’ve used for years and they hooked it up to the STAR and confirmed that all of the stored values were deleted for the front deflector, in other words, as far as the car is concerned, the front screen doesn’t exist. I went back to the dealership and asked to speak to the service manager and we had a full and frank discussion (putting it mildly 🤣)
He agreed reluctantly to check it while I waited. He came back and confirmed what I’d said, the senior tech couldn’t get his head round it, there’s no logical reason for an unrelated software update to corrupt another system, but it did. I’ve seen so many people on here with exactly the same symptoms who’ve been told that the unit needs to be replaced. Mine is sorted out now and fully functional after a software correction. Thanks to all who posted and replied to my messages. Mine was a 2013 model, W212

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom