e350 cabrio H&R Springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben320cdi

Car
E350cdi
file-1.jpgHas anyone had any issues with arch clearance after fitting H&R springs? I did a bit of research prior to ordering said springs and the general thread seemed the that they provided quite a gentle drop of say 1". So I ordered them along with some after market alloys as my originals had been buckled by the previous owner and badly refurbed. Over the weekend all of the afore mentioned were fitted,now I'm worried that I wont be able to load my boat for our impending summer hols due to the lack of clearance!

Is it just the rear that worries you, or the front too?

From most of the photo's that I've seen of H&R Springs, they do seem to sit very low at the back (as to evening out the car height between front and back). There general stance on most MB's seems to be that front sits lower than the back (on original suspension setup).

If it's just the rear that is bothering you, maybe bigger suspension pads/shims would bring it up slightly.

Eibach springs seem to retain the general MB stance, whilst lowering evenly across front and back.

Just the rears. The fronts appear to have loads of clearance. The backs even though the wheels were made with the correct offset they seem very cosy to say the least. Can you explain what you mean by pads/shims? I had H&R springs on my c class and the drop seemed less drastic.

Not sure about E-Class, but on most you will have a top mounted pad (and possibly shims) which the rear spring will sit against (on the top). These pads (AND/OR number of shims) can be acquired in different thicknesses, to accommodate the different ride heights of Elegance, Avantgarde, Sport & AMG.

If you do have the pads (AND/OR shims), it may be worthwhile to try the ones specified for the Elegance model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom