E350 CDI 125 Ed Sport or 530d M Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAB2012

Car
X5 & Audi
Hi all , I'm torn between the 2.

Both are 2012 cars but I'm not sure what to go for. Has anybody had both the E350 & 530d ?

The E350 has the 19" alloys & looks very nice, both are main dealer cars.

Both are excellent cars.

The E-Class ride (even on 19's) will be better than the BMW M Sport, but only you will know which you prefer. One member of this forum couldn't get a comfortable seating position in th E-Class that also allowed him to see the instruments, but most people don't have a problem.

It really is a "try before you buy" situation, and you ideally need a good hour in each car on different roads to get a feel for them.

I'm coming out of a 40d E70 X5 with RFT tyres & the dreaded BMW sports suspension. The ride was hard to say the least! . Before that a 335d M Sport with RFT which was too hard again.

I prefer the ride of the Mercedes-Benz and the ride in my C Class W204 was perfect. However, I do like the 530d and I would prefer one with the SE suspension, which are impossible to find.

Back to the E Class... the Sport 125 is the only one I like the look of with the 19s and personally and there isn't so many around, unlike the 5 Series.

Last edited:
The Edition 125 car had a few items on it that were otherwise extras, so don't fixate on the Edition 125 as it's not that difficult to find a car that someone put the options on. Standard wheels on the E-Class Sport are 18's and its easy enough to swap them if you really must have 19's, but ride quality will suffer a bit. If you want the best ride go for an Avantgarde with 17-inch wheels, or otherwise search for a Sport with Airmatic, or one with the optional "Comfort" suspension (they are about - member Reflexboy recently bought one).

I really don't get the BMW M Sport / runflats thing. The ride quality is absolutely terrible in what should be a luxury exec car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom