E350 CDI Brabus D6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordlee

Car
A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
So here’s the new to us E350 CDI Cabriolet.
She’s pretty well specced with only Distronic and HK missing. The car has been fully main dealer serviced from new and has a Brabus D6 box fitted.
She’s in great condition all around with only a couple of very small marks that I have polished out.

Plans so far are:
Replace rear seat middle panel as it’s had a cut in it
Refurbish calipers
Replace front discs and pads
Raise the headlight level as the beam is pretty short on the road
Fully clay bar, car lack sealant protection going on
Refurb or replace wheels
Repair seat belt butler on passenger side
Replace wheel with facelift wheel

No rush to do any of the above bar the front discs and pads which are in tolerance but quite rusty in appearance.

Attachments

• 1D53689C-9208-4721-A663-BF112F717271.jpeg
    1D53689C-9208-4721-A663-BF112F717271.jpeg
    877.1 KB · Views: 89
  • C73B22CB-A54B-4502-8AB3-83661792DDB1.jpeg
    C73B22CB-A54B-4502-8AB3-83661792DDB1.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 94
Thanks Brian. Its called Calcite white - we were worried it was a little 'Dubai' being white with tobacco but we really like it nows its on the drive.

I have the same seats in my E coupe
Really like the colour.......
Very nice in yours

Fitted a rear spoiler to her - I think it makes a nice addition to the rear.

20a45de0-1019-467b-a6fc-256606e005a7-jpeg.73843

So I’ve been racking through some jobs on the car but holiday and the weather has put back quite a few. I’ve started to like the copper caliper idea enough to go for it - i’ll do it when I can do the brakes too. I’ve purchased some facelift side vents for the dash - i’m loathe to start prying the plastic trim away to fit them in such low temps. Also I’ve installed LED’s across the cabin, number plate, courtesy and boot lights. I’ve left the footwell alone - is it right that only the left footwell illuminates? Both rears do but the drivers side has no light?? I also raised the headlight beam a little - i’ll need to check it out on the road to see if it’s made much difference. I can’t wait to do a full paintwork correction on it but th weather isn’t up to it. I’ve certainly got it looking much better so that’s a step in the right direction.

Quite surprising how much that small change uplifts the whole look. Simple but effective huh.
Totally agree Brian - small mod that makes a good difference

Brake calliper colour is next so considering bronze, silver or black. I quite like the bronze idea still as that what I’ve touched them in with for now.

Great choice of car, but then I'm biased. Intrigued on what sort of difference the D6 makes. I did boot lip, after market grill, and black calipers. I also de-chromed the sides. I preferred the cleaner lines.

Great choice of car, but then I'm biased. Intrigued on what sort of difference the D6 makes. I did boot lip, after market grill, and black calipers. I also de-chromed the sides. I preferred the cleaner lines.

The D6 box doesnt make it a traffic light GP monster but really sets itself apart when overtaking as the torque comes in spades - as effortless as standard (from what I've driven when test driving the E350) but just stronger anywhere in the powerband.

So my calipers are of the type in the photo and I'm debating whether or not to leave the black piece as is and spray the rest or go fully one colour. Current preference is to keep a slightly stock look and go with the black plate.

409435d1501792484-finally-painted-my-calipers-20120520_144703.jpg

I went all black. Plus I have a confession to make I had some AMG decals left from my previous car and fitted them. I know there not AMG calipers but they looked so bare just black. You can of course by the merc decals to fit after paint if you prefer. Will you be attending Benz on the Green I was the only A207 last year!

Is that a cerise pink or red Lee ?

The picture is pinched from a US thread - says its red. We have a german car that comes from the factory with red calipers so I wont be going with red. Its literally black, silver or copper/bronze. However I saw a black caliper'd car earlier and I'm not sure its what i like. Maybe its down to copper vs silver?

09-2012-mercedes-benz-cls63-amg-live.jpg

vs

274039d1258809475-rear-big-brake-upgrade-8.jpg

I like the copper against the tan seats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom