E350 CDI, C207 2009 Not Heating Up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MadManJaMeS

Car
E350 CDI, C207, 2009
Hello Guys,

I have an E350 CDI 2009, C207

I have noticed the car rarely ever gets above 80C.

I drove 180miles last night non stop and it averaged a temp of about 60c - 70c

OM642 Engine

I seen sometimes the thermostats are dodgy.

Anybody elaborate on this ?

Thanks

Hello Guys,

I have an E350 CDI 2009, C207

I have noticed the car rarely ever gets above 80C.

I drove 180miles last night non stop and it averaged a temp of about 60c - 70c

OM642 Engine

I seen sometimes the thermostats are dodgy.

Anybody elaborate on this ?

Thanks
What you are seeing suggests a failed thermostat - replace it and the temperature should level out at 90c.

Hi, I have the same issue with my S212 E350 2010 - i'm going to replace the thermostat this coming weekend.

Does anyone know the torque settings for the thermostat bolts? and is it advisable to smear some silicon grease around the rubber gasket inset into the thermostat housing?

Thanks

Just spoke to my local Dealer.

The parts guy said they have changed loads recently so its a common issue. Think i'll try find an OEM part and swap it over not sure i wanna pay £129 from my dealer for one. Especially since they on back order.

Just spoke to my local Dealer.

The parts guy said they have changed loads recently so its a common issue. Think i'll try find an OEM part and swap it over not sure i wanna pay £129 from my dealer for one. Especially since they on back order.
Mercedes Benz Newcastle have 4 in stock. They list on Ebay

Common on this engine. Mine was doing exactly what yours was. New thermostat, all sorted.

Thanks

Quite expensive. OEM can be had for £50

hmmmm

That's the price of an OEM thermostat for the OM642 engine. It's on back order with most MB dealers. You won't find a genuine A6422002215 part any cheaper elsewhere. Maybe you can buy a cheap pattern part for £50

That's the price of an OEM thermostat for the OM642 engine. It's on back order with most MB dealers. You won't find a genuine A6422002215 part any cheaper elsewhere. Maybe you can buy a cheap pattern part for £50
Yeah i've ordered one of the cheapers ones for now. Will see how it goes. My car is old and at 180,000miles i don't wanna splash out to much.

If the part turns out to be crap i'll have to ordered a genuine merc one.

Yeah i've ordered one of the cheapers ones for now. Will see how it goes. My car is old and at 180,000miles i don't wanna splash out to much.

If the part turns out to be crap i'll have to ordered a genuine merc one.
Yours is a spring chicken mileage wise 😊

I replaced it.

Works perfectly for now. Much better MPG as well. So i'm pretty chuffed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom