E350 CDI Coupe real life MPG results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gtione

Car
Mercedes E350 Coupe
I know the topic of MPG needes to be approached with caution on these forums and I have done a search but have come up empty handed.

I have put an order in for a E350 CDi Coupe Sport and was just wondering what real life MPG figures have been achieved by fellow owners. I will mainly be a mixed bag but mostly driving on the motorways at a touch above the normal speeds.

Any real world results will be much appreciated based on any mix of driving.

Many thx.

I know the topic of MPG needes to be approached with caution on these forums and I have done a search but have come up empty handed.

I have put an order in for a E350 CDi Coupe Sport

Does it matter now?

You're already commited and you'll eventually find out for yourself! :devil:

I reckon you'll see low 40's on the motorway at 70mph and mid 30's overall. Mid to low 20's mpg in town and 30mpg approx when pressing on over twisty roads. This is a fast car, and if driven fast it can drink but for the speed you are going not drink too much!

Not the coupe but I have the E350 CDI Saloon and get 45mpg on a good motorway run and 25ish around town in heavy traffic. Overall I am impressed but when you spend £50k on a car MPG is not the first thing you worry about to be honest.

The computer in my car (350cdi cab) shows me at 43mpg over a mixture of roads, but mainly motorways at 80mph. Around town the computer shoes me at 38mpg. However, I did the fill up, re-set trip, fill and manual calculation and it came out at 37mpg. I think the computers on the cars are way out. Also I did the same journey in a 250cdi E Class saloon, 220cdi C Class saloon and they were also around the 42-43. In a C Class 180k petrol the computer on the same trip was 34 mpg. Air con on/off did not make any difference to the computer reading. I always use cruise even around town.

However, as the previous message says if you are getting the 350cdi it is for performance and it has plenty of this. When you put your foot down it takes off, but seems to gather even more urgency around the 60mph and before you know were you are it is...mph! Mine has only just done 1000miles and I have hardly ever used full throttle as it is too fast for most roads!

Finally, I love the sound of the V6 engine. Hood up it is very quiet and even down, whilst you can tell it is a diesel, I cannot smell it.

My mixture of motorway and normal roads equates to almost exactly 30mpg, only ever once saw 40+ but driving like that bored me to death...

now done a little over 8900 miles. Computer says average 40.0mpg.

I do 85%+ of my driving on motorways - clearly 'like a girl' compared to thebook ;)

Just filled mine up today and after almost an entire tank of almost all rush hour city centre driving, I have averaged just under 25mpg.

My last car which was a 2-litre petrol got worse than that so I am happy.

The computer in my car (350cdi cab) shows me at 43mpg over a mixture of roads, but mainly motorways at 80mph. Around town the computer shoes me at 38mpg. However, I did the fill up, re-set trip, fill and manual calculation and it came out at 37mpg. I think the computers on the cars are way out. Also I did the same journey in a 250cdi E Class saloon, 220cdi C Class saloon and they were also around the 42-43. In a C Class 180k petrol the computer on the same trip was 34 mpg. Air con on/off did not make any difference to the computer reading. I always use cruise even around town.

However, as the previous message says if you are getting the 350cdi it is for performance and it has plenty of this. When you put your foot down it takes off, but seems to gather even more urgency around the 60mph and before you know were you are it is...mph! Mine has only just done 1000miles and I have hardly ever used full throttle as it is too fast for most roads!

Finally, I love the sound of the V6 engine. Hood up it is very quiet and even down, whilst you can tell it is a diesel, I cannot smell it.

For me this purchase was just that. I have always wanted a V6 off some sort. My current car which I have just sold was a Lexus IS220d. This car was never well known for the best fuel consumption but I managed a three avg of 39.6 mpg. If I can repeat this from a six cyl motor I will be happy.

When I first looked at this car I test drove both the 250 cdi and the 350 cdi. I took the 350 out first and really liked it a lot. So quiet, smooth and fast. The 250 was inpressive as well but lacked the polished nature of the V6. My heart said go for the 350 and my head said take the 250....

My heart won in the end and have gone for the new 350cdi in white with sport trim and the new 19" wheel option. So now I have to drive my wifes Ford c-max until mid sept. I have opted for the personal collection from Bremen so that should be cool to.

Thank you to everybody for your imput on this topic. The pic below is one with the new wheels just like the one that I have ordered just in case you are interested.:bannana:

Attachments

• 19-zoll-amg-felge-22509970435295204.jpg
    19-zoll-amg-felge-22509970435295204.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 293
Big wheels look great, you will soon get use to parking about a foot from the kerb :)

It is. I have a 5.5 ltr v8 petrol and today I had 31.4mpg.

I think with the 35- CDI you should get high 40's without too much effort.

Did a run from Sheffield to London on Thursday and got an overal journey MPG of 45.4 (including maybe 5-10 miles of standstill city centre traffic after arriving at London).

With Distronic set at 70 I did a reset on the motorway to get pure motorway MPG and returned 49.3 by the end of the M1.

MPG improved when I hit roadworks and my speed was slowed to 50 for a few junctions.

This is the best I have ever got and I think the best I ever will - it kept hovering around 49.3 but never got higher.

I am more than happy with that to be honest. It's almost 10 MPG better than my previous car which was a 2 litre petrol manual.

Thats what I get with mine lately, can manage 47mpg down to London and it appears to love those 50mph restrictions.
Also been on the M1 when it had the 50mph restriction down near chesterfield, its mainly downhill along there (or it certainly feels like it) and I managed up to 50 at one point (but that was resetting on the motorway).
Going to Meadowhall tomorrow and have got this new "Shell Saver" standard diesel in so will see what I get with that :p .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom