E350 CDI coupe service costs 60k miles/3yrs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

540YMX

Car
AMG C63s Coupe
Newbie here, have searched for this but not found any specific answers so hopefully someone can enlighten me as I have not owned a Mercedes before.

Whilst browsing through some recent car magazines looking at the for/against comments about the various cars I am interested in I noticed that the E350 CDI Coupe had an against for the approx 2k service cost over 60k miles/3yrs vs other diesel coupes at just over 1k.

Is there anything specific which needs attention on the E350 to be aware of?

Thanks

The E350 CDI does not suffer from the injector problems, so no problems with reliability. Mercs are expensive to service though the main dealer network, unfortunately!

Assuming the Coupe has the same service cost as the saloon then you could buy a Mercedes Service Plan but on the face of it the costs are high:

Care (service only)
£1530
Total Care (incs brake pads etc)
£2340
Total + tyres
£3060

The thing is, the service intervals are fixed at 12mths or 15,500 miles, so 60K is still only 3 services (but the car would need another one at 62K).

The service only package looks ridiculously expensive (other manufactures do them for a few hundred pounds). The car should need 2 A service and a B service which most MB dealers would do those for maybe £800, then it would need brake fluid at 2yrs (say £75) and maybe an ATF change (if still required - the need to do it seems to come and go) at 37,500 miles (say £200). I don't think there's anything else but you could check with a dealer.

The unknown qty is things like pads and disks. If MB are paying the bill then they'll last an astonishing length of time, if you're paying the bill then you'll almost certainly be told it needs pads and disks all round at some point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom