E350 CDI EGR Issues?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OJLane

Car
E350d, E350 CDI sold on at 357,000 miles, C270 is sadly no longer with us, chewed a glow plug :-(
Hi all,

I'm having a spot of bother with my 2009 E350. It went into limp mode yesterday and the check engine light is now on. It seems to have been doing more DPF regens recently so I thought it may have been the differential pressure sensor for the DPF again, similar symptoms to when that went before.

I took it to a friend who has a fault reader and it came up with 'P0405, Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low' and 'Component Y27/9 (Left EGR Positioner) has internal fault.'

Wondering if anyone can shed some light? Where would I find the 'Left EGR Positioner' and the 'Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A' on the OM642 V6 Diesel engine? Or am I being stupid...

Two other stored faults are 'Event 109B00, Control Unit N3/9 (CDI Control Unit) has received no LIN message from component G2 (Generator)' and '109A00, Component G2 (Generator) has a malfunction'

I did have the alternator replaced recently by MBS in Southampton.

Many thanks, Olly

Last edited:
I’ve just fixed an issue with the EGR on my OM642 by disconnecting the plug and cleaning the contacts. When I reconnected it was working again. I was very surprised as this is the best you can hope for! It’s worth a try..

My EGR is at the front of the engine as it’s in a Viano/Vito but usually they just to right of the turbo at the back of the right bank.

Fingers crossed....

07 Viano 3.0

I’ve just fixed an issue with the EGR on my OM642 by disconnecting the plug and cleaning the contacts. When I reconnected it was working again. I was very surprised as this is the best you can hope for! It’s worth a try..

My EGR is at the front of the engine as it’s in a Viano/Vito but usually they just to right of the turbo at the back of the right bank.

Fingers crossed....

07 Viano 3.0

Thank you, I took the EGR out last night so will give it a clean and see what happens. Wasn't too bad for mileage...

Well I cleaned the EGR valve had the codes reset and so far no more engine light or limp mode yet however after over 20 miles at between 40 and 70 DPF regen has been constant. I will keep posted...

Took it into MBS in Southampton today, apparently needs new EGR valve...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom