E350 CDI, is a service care plan worth it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerdurden

Not planning on changing my car which is nearly 2y old and coming up to first B1 service in April.

I do 12 k pa which equals 1 annual service.

A 4 service plan over the next 3y will cost me about £400 per year.

Anyone got one of these?

Is this worth it? Only covers usual service items

told me 60 quid a month before ,my last service (320cdi),
would be 30 quid after the service, ie to cover the next one.
Claimed ai would save between 100 and 150.
I did not look into the rules as to what would not be covered.

I was fortunate enough to get a three-year Service Plan for free on a promo deal when I bought my W212 last year. I did the maths and reckoned it was probably worth somewhere around £1,000 based on an A, B, A service schedule plus the mandatory additional items such as combination filter, brake fluid change, etc. - which I'm told are included.

As you are just coming up to your first B service, then I would have thought that it would be financially beneficial as you would be looking at B, A, B services over three years. Which brings me on to the question of why do you need 4 services over three years if you're doing 12k miles pa?

Ah, that is becaue apparently as a service is due the 3 y deal would give 4 services (including the one due soon).

I have just taken one, e350 cdi sport coupe, 54k at pres, 30k per year, £37 PCM 4 services over 3 years.

B service is next due, they tell me it includes everything except 'friction parts'

I recon good value

Ah, that is becaue apparently as a service is due the 3 y deal would give 4 services (including the one due soon).

^Double check this as mb are very stringent when it comes to when they will carry out a service under the service care plan,as you say you do 12,000 a year & the obc will be reset to 15,500 you won't be able to get the car serviced under the scheme until the obc shows 500miles or less until next service unless 2 years have elapsed(thats what the service manager at Brooklands told me recently).

^Double check this as mb are very stringent when it comes to when they will carry out a service under the service care plan,as you say you do 12,000 a year & the obc will be reset to 15,500 you won't be able to get the car serviced under the scheme until the obc shows 500miles or less until next service unless 2 years have elapsed(thats what the service manager at Brooklands told me recently).

Popped into dealers. The service interval is every 15K or yearly, whichever comes first.

I got confused that the duration of the plan was part of the contract (ie if you got 4 services over3y, the deal was only for 3y). The lady at the dealership explained that the number of services and payment duration are seperate. You can choose to pay for 4 services as either a lump sum or over 1,2,3,4 years. If a service is due in less than 3 months then you cant get a 4 service deal and pay over 4y. It has to be over 3y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom