E350 CDI lower v higher BHP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip1972

Car
E350 CDI convertible 2011
Still considering a 2010+ E350 Estate.

Is there much real world difference between the earlier 211bhp and the later 265?

No, my 2011 is 265bhp. I've never tried the lower version engine but 265 is plenty.

You've slightly missed my point. I was just trying to point out that the lower of the two possible power outputs is 231bhp, not the 211 mentioned by the OP.

"Plenty", however, is not necessarily the same as "enough"...:devil:

The biggest difference is that the 265bhp version comes with the 7g+ gearbox and is in a lower VED band. Better fuel economy too.

The extra power is noticeable, but only if you’re the sort of person who would use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my 231bhp W212 packs serious punch and could easily cause me to lose my license. I presume they are a bit cheaper. I'm told they are very reliable and so far mine has been relatively blameless. I would suggest that its a factor to consider but not a dealbreaker. My car does not start stop like modern vehicles and I absolutely hate that

my 231bhp W212 packs serious punch and could easily cause me to lose my license. I presume they are a bit cheaper. I'm told they are very reliable and so far mine has been relatively blameless. I would suggest that its a factor to consider but not a dealbreaker. My car does not start stop like modern vehicles and I absolutely hate that
my car DO start stop like modern vecihles and this is first thing to switch off once im in the car lol

Thanks all.

I thought it was 211bhp because I had seen some state that on adverts-they must be wrong lol. 236 to 265 is not as much of a gap, and wouldn't deter me from a 236. Its still more than I have now from the E280.

Cheers!

Apparently mine has 258 bhp, it’s plenty quick enough for me.

I also get in start it up, select sport mode and mostly switch off start/stop unless visiting the city which I do very rarely.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom