E350 CDI Sport....3 weeks on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
I bought my late 2011 Mercedes E350 CDi Sport Coupe in Metallic White three weeks ago from a main dealer in Stockport. Its a lovely looking thing and I actually prefer it to the facelift model which replaced it.

Its got the panoramic sunroof which looks great but doesnt have COMMAND which is a bit of a shame. Its got 72k miles on the clock and being an approved Used Car its got full main dealer history.

My thoughts on the drive? If im honest it leaves me feeling a little bit numb. It doesnt excite me in the slightest and I find it quite boring. Yes it has poke if you need it but it doesnt give any sort of thrill. My CLK 320 CDi which I had beforehand sounded more grunty and felt a nicer drive. The E350 is obviously bigger and heavier and you can tell by the way it drives. Inside the cab you cant tell its a diesel at all, very very quiet.

My question is, I had a 2009 C180 Sport saloon when it was 4 years old and I had that only six weeks as I couldnt live with how boring it felt. Obviously with this car, Ill have to keep it a minimum of twelve months otherwise id lose a small fortune on it. My C55 felt special every time I got inside it...I want that feeling once more.

Ill try get some pictures up over the weekend but these are simply my thoughts.

We told you to purchase the w204 c63 you wanted.....

I prefer the 212 pre-facelift too. Really mean and aggressive angular look.

An E350 is on my radar too. I'm just still trying to get over it not being a petrol, as they're rare as rocking horse poo.

Very nice car and I thought the design prompted the new era of MB at the time.

The drive isn't really designed to be 'exciting' tho, more relaxed and refined with the grunt if you need it. At the end of the day it's a longer wheel based C class that's main market is chauffeuring, so would've been designed with that in mind.

All MB's should feel special in one way or another but it's never going to feel like an AMG of any age. Enjoy the size, torque and refinements of it and don't compare it to something it's not trying to be.

I love my E350 S212 (truly) it is a lovely place to be and very quiet inside.

The drive with the 9g box is very refined and that's just what I want.

Exciting it is not but then I don't drive like that.

I do like the grunt it has on tap when needed though.

Excitement at my age needs avoiding according to my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S212 are nice comfy cars but not "exciting" to drive they are too heavy and too softly sprung for that. However e350cdi and great places to cover some serious miles.

Is the coupe classed as the C207? I guess over time I will appreciate how good a car it is. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I was expecting just that little bit more..

I prefer the 212 pre-facelift too. Really mean and aggressive angular look.

An E350 is on my radar too. I'm just still trying to get over it not being a petrol, as they're rare as rocking horse poo.
The E350 cdi is one hell of a refined car. I have had people in it that did not believe it was a diesel. Trust me , you would never know.

One these is what you need ...

E500 BiTurbo

I went from a E350 cdi Cabrio ( via a CLS ) to the E500 Cabrio with this engine. Makes it a far more entertaining drive and road tax is 'only' £295.

And the mpg is fine - I've done 200 miles today at 31mpg on a very busy M5/M6 run. Including being stuck in slow moving traffic for an hour and some 'blatting along' sections.

And the mpg is fine - I've done 200 miles today at 31mpg on a very busy M5/M6 run. Including being stuck in slow moving traffic for an hour and some 'blatting along' sections.

I'd get 45mpg plus in the e350

Great car in its own right but it sounds like you're in need of some proper power...

I'd get 45mpg plus in the e350

I only get 32 to 36 according to the computer on my daily commute (3m A road, 11m M1, 2m urban road). Not calculated it manually yet. Not been on a longer run yet (I did but had bikes on the roof) to compare.

I'm still very happy with it though. My last cars were Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 GDI (petrol) and a Saab 9-3 150 TiD. The Galant was fairly slow, only did 22 mpg and wallowed like a blue whale but looked lovely with its body kit. The Saab was fairly nippy and I enjoyed it for the first few years. Was a bit bored by the end when it was belching out smoke. The Merc is quicker and much more refined and quiet. I tend to drive quite calmly and usually stick to the slow lanes on the motorway. I find it a lot less stressful than when I was younger and always wanted to be in front of the car in front. I am very happy with it.

Arrived home from Spain yesterday 7pm, in my e350 coupe 9g, figures from computer,
1,205 miles, driving time 18hrs 29 mins, average speed 65 MPH, miles per gallon average for trip, 43.5.mpg. me and Mrs. Loads of luggage after 5 weeks away, one night stop in Issoire France on A75 then Calais. Can't fault it, excellent motor.

I also have a E350 CDI SPORT. I have had mine remaped and I'm enjoying every minute of it. BHP is up torque is up! MPG is up! And it's shocking quite a lot of cars it prolly shouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom