E350 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NoodlerUK

Car
BMW
Hi,

I know there were a few idle us with orders and waiting and I have just under 4 weeks until I get mine. I get my coupe some time week beginning 5/9 build date 23/8.

What dates have the rest of you got?

I ordered a coupe at the end of July and should get it on the 3rd September.

According to the dealer everything is on track but shall wait and see......

Very much looking forward to it, just less that 3 weeks to go....

After my very long six month wait mine is due at the dealer on 12 September, so a week after you.

I know that I will be in the minority as mine will have the new 350 petrol engine but be interested to hear from anyone else who has gone for petrol. It is the same engine as in the new CLS and SLK.

My Saloon (Edition 125) arrived last week :bannana: ( ordered mid April) , with 6 disc changer COMAND, multicontour seats and Harman Kardon

First motorway journey tomorrow, but first impressions are very good. Engine is incredibly smooth and gear changes at top end almost imperceptible.

My Saloon (Edition 125) arrived last week :bannana: ( ordered mid April) , with 6 disc changer COMAND, multicontour seats and Harman Kardon

First motorway journey tomorrow, but first impressions are very good. Engine is incredibly smooth and gear changes at top end almost imperceptible.

What are your impressions of the KH audio. Is it worth the extra?

I've not heard a non HK system to gauge the difference. I'll be giving it a good test on my 5hr round trip tomorrow so I'll let you know after that if it sounds any good

Colin_b said:

I listened to the standard W212 system and the HK one before I ordered my car and decided to go the HK route. It makes a pretty significant difference, but if you're looking for something really impressive then you'd need to go the aftermarket upgrade route.

Did you get command online?

Yup, and the colour display for the instrument panel

COMAND Online is the standard now for the Edition 125 models. The other change is SD card slot rather than PCMCIA, which makes much more sense

Having given it a good workout today I'm in agreement with st13phil. If you want to be blown away then look at an aftermarket system. Although I haven't heard the standard COMAND system to compare I would describe the HK upgrade as , okay. Is it worth the extra £650? Well better value than £970 you get charged for a TV tuner !

In fairness to it I had connected my iPod to it so was playing compressed MP3s therefore not the best of sources. But it was really 'bright' sound. Maybe it will improve as the speakers are run in.

The demo disc supplied is very good in demonstrating the surround sound ,and CDs and DVDA I'm sure would sound better than my iPod music .

Peter, a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

Does the COMAND play DVD films?

What sort of MPG did you get out of the 350 on the long motorway run today?

I am thinking of getting either a C250 or C350 with Harman Kardon. Budget will allow a few extra toys if I go for the 250 of course! I had a C250 on demo with the standard stereo system and it was ok but not bright enough for me and lacked punch in terms of bass.

Yes the COMAND plays DVD films - but you only get pictures when stationary

Today - 267 miles - Average 65mph ( includes the 50mph roadworks on M1 J13-J10, twice) - 44.5 mpg

350 engine is silky smooth and also has huge torque. When traffic clears and you press the pedal it flies

I am in Portugal at the moment but spoke to dealer Friday and date slipped slightly to buildon 30/8 and delivery on 9/9 to dealer and I can collect a couple of days after.

Just had a text from the dealer and my car is in Production and he will have the number plate details for me on monday so I can sort insurance out.

Nearly there and it has been a long journey since that first discussion in April.

I seem to have jumped ahead of you now, mine is currently on its way to the dealer and is due to arrive on Tuesday next week.

Dealer phoned today and car will be ready for me to collect on Monday.

Can't wait now.......

Jules did you get it?

Mine at the dealers and I will pick up on Monday when I am back in Newcastle.

There were about 4 or 5 of us ordering around the same time has anyone got theirs?

I got mine last Saturday.

First impressions are very good, it came with the new steering wheel and colour graphics in the speedo which IMO both make a massive difference.

In addition it also recognises the various speed limit signs and puts them on the sat nav which I thought was an option?

The Comand takes a bit of getting used to, perhaps not quite as intuitive as the Audi system I have been used but the functionality is all there and finally it does full postcode entry.

Been on a couple of 50 mile trips and it averaged just over 40mpg so pleased with this whilst the engine is new.....

Anyway, enjoy yours when you get it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom