E350 cgi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pembssurf

Car
toyota
I all. Looking to change the Mrs 2011 C180 CGI estate for a 2011/12 E350 CGI estate. Fancy sticking with petrol as I feel diesel is doomed to the tax man imminently. Anyone any thought on this engine car combo? Also looking to tow occasionally with it.

As the owner of a 2012 C350 CGI I can positively state that it's a fantastic engine. The power delivery is incredibly smooth and the sound is only there when driving enthusiastically, but what a sound :) The economy is surprisingly good for a biggish 6 pot petrol - I'm averaging 34 mpg with the majority of journeys no more than a couple of miles. On a run I've seen 40mpg whilst not hanging around. The E-class is a lovely car (a tad too big for my garage and my wife) and doesn't yet suffer from the stuck on iPad.

Brilliant info thanks. Not economy is not too much different to the C180.. Couple of mpg less... Petrol is the way to go

I have a E350 CGI estate (2010) and it's a fantastic car - very smooth and powerful. I'm not getting Knighterrants mpg but it's still not bad for a big petrol engined estate. Good luck finding one though as they're very rare.

My last 3.0 petrol would deliver exactly the same MPG as my current 3.0 diesel.

No brainer as far as I'm concerned, my next car won't be a diesel - Unless the Mrs get's to change her SLK first then it might have to be wood fired.

Iv already realised I'm going to have to put in some serious miles to find one. Only found 2 on Internet within the past month. Not one in Wales :(

I have always travelled for cars, if newish then you can do the deal by phone and, as long as described, visit and buy.

I'm not sure about people's fascination with diesel. Petrol technology has now overtake it as I'm concerned. No matter how you tart a diesel up it still sounds like a tractor when you put your foot down!

Hen's teeth - the last couple I've seen come up in recent months have also been quite pricey. But I'd love one

If you do decide to get one, make sure it's with the later M276 engine that gives a few more horses, significantly better fuel consumption and lower CO2 resulting in much lower road tax. Unfortunately I don't know exactly when this came in for the E-class, but it may not have been until 2012.

knighterrant said:
If you do decide to get one, make sure it's with the later M276 engine that gives a few more horses, significantly better fuel consumption and lower CO2 resulting in much lower road tax. Unfortunately I don't know exactly when this came in for the E-class, but it may not have been until 2012.

Gold... Thank You.. Iv got a while to look for one. Just some point within the next year!

I too can vouch for the engine (M276, 306bhp version). It's an absolute delight whether driven gently or using the impressively smooth power throughout the rpm range.

Similar consumption as above - in my case, 32 mpg with much of it in town and 40+mpg easily achievable on longer runs.

For enjoyment, petrol every time!

Iv got a while to look for one. Just some point within the next year!
Just remember that they are quite rare, so if you see one that fits the bill buy it. Don't make the mistake of thinking, "no hurry, there'll be plenty more to look at", because there aren't.

Been looking properly for 4 weeks. Only managed to find 1 in the whole UK in a god awful colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom