E350 coupe at GAD NORTH yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ray1888

Car
CLA 45 AMG
I decided I wanted a remap on my E350 bluetec,have had 10 cars done by superchips ranging from RS 500 to an original UR Quattro,so was disappointed
When the told me they couldn't do my particular engine (euro6)
Looked at all the forums phoned a few companies and I decided to take it to
GAD NORTH in Newcastle.Had spoken to the owner Nass on the phone and looked at the sort of cars that had passed through his hands and decided I liked what I had seen and heard about him.I wasn't dissapolnted,a really nice and friendly lad,very enthusiastic and I thought my pride and joy would be safe in
His capable hands.it was never slow to begin with but the car now comes alive
When you want it to.Gad aren't the cheapest but I weighed everything up and decided on the near 400 mile round trip,and I think I made the right choice.
If your thinking of a remap give Nass a call,you might be on the phone a while mind you a lovely lad,and would not hesitate to recommend him.The car pulls so much stronger in every gear,averaged 48mpg on the 190 mile drive home and I was giving it a bit stick (Nass told me to officer) the same roughly as the drive there.so summing up a very happy bunny,yes I could have got it done nearer home but glad to have met Nass and have come away delighted
Cheers

Reactions: Abb
GAD claim to achieve 750nm of torque on the 261bhp rated OM642 engine which is 265hp and well over 300bhp after tuning stage 1.

If true then the gains are high and extremely impressive as no other tuner I have yet come across with this torque output of 750nm in the UK.

Be interesting to see dyno results, would it not? Has anybody seen any?

A friend of mine had his e350 coupe done by GAD , very impressive results too, think it was over 300hp

Is GAD now MSL?

@Dixon777 - do you mind sharing who you are using and their location.

GAD claim to achieve 750nm of torque on the 261bhp rated OM642 engine which is 265hp and well over 300bhp after tuning stage 1.

If true then the gains are high and extremely impressive as no other tuner I have yet come across with this torque output of 750nm in the UK.
I was going to have my previous E350 CDi mapped by GAD south, but I felt uneasy with their response to certain questions, as I found them slightly evasive. And it really got my back up when the constantly called me “my friend”!
Now to me that means, your my friend until I have your money, then “who the hell are you?!”
I never saw any before and after dyno graphs posted on their website. ANY reputable tuning/remapping company backs up their work with either a rolling Road result or an on-site rolling Road session. I found a different company with very good credentials and a rolling road and decided to use them instead.
Just my experinace with them over the phone/email. :dk:

Ray
Can I ask what it cost you for the remap.
I have emailed them though the web site but had no reply from them.
I know they are supposed to use custom maps and not a off the shelf map.
Thanks

What would a W 220 320csi cost to Remap and how would it effect the performance?

Thanks'
Bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom