E350 coupe at GAD NORTH yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ray1888

Car
CLA 45 AMG
I decided I wanted a remap on my E350 bluetec,have had 10 cars done by superchips ranging from RS 500 to an original UR Quattro,so was disappointed
When the told me they couldn't do my particular engine (euro6)
Looked at all the forums phoned a few companies and I decided to take it to
GAD NORTH in Newcastle.Had spoken to the owner Nass on the phone and looked at the sort of cars that had passed through his hands and decided I liked what I had seen and heard about him.I wasn't dissapolnted,a really nice and friendly lad,very enthusiastic and I thought my pride and joy would be safe in
His capable hands.it was never slow to begin with but the car now comes alive
When you want it to.Gad aren't the cheapest but I weighed everything up and decided on the near 400 mile round trip,and I think I made the right choice.
If your thinking of a remap give Nass a call,you might be on the phone a while mind you a lovely lad,and would not hesitate to recommend him.The car pulls so much stronger in every gear,averaged 48mpg on the 190 mile drive home and I was giving it a bit stick (Nass told me to officer) the same roughly as the drive there.so summing up a very happy bunny,yes I could have got it done nearer home but glad to have met Nass and have come away delighted
Cheers

Have you got before and after dyno runs?

How much torque/power have you gained from the remap and at what RPM range is the peak torque delivered from?

He has no dyno,had an A5 Quattro that was on the dyno at 307 bhp and 715 nm
And this is way more pull than that

The type of V6 3L diesel engine that you have can easily be tuned to 700nm plus of torque (no more than 725nm at Stage 1) and to around 313 bhp. If you can, try and get a couple of runs on a dyno as be nice and intresting to see what you are running.

I have a C350 and looking at options, can I ask roughly the cost of the map ?

mines the 261bhp engine

Looking at this myself, I have the E350 Bluetech but how do you tell which engine you have? IE 231bhp or the 261bhp?

You can find out from your vin/chassis.

What year us your car?

I had the 261bhp variant in the CLS and have tuned up to 319bhp with 718nm of torque deluveted over a much wider RPM range.

Looking at this myself, I have the E350 Bluetech but how do you tell which engine you have? IE 231bhp or the 261bhp?

Bluetec is around 252bhp on the E Coupe.

Depends on the year mine is the 265 ps 2011 I believe the post 2013 model is less powerful.
Mine was done at MSL dyno at 318 522 ft pound but as we all know dyno's differ as there are many variables.
Best way in my opinion is the quarter mile, the terminal calculated with the first 60 foot does'nt lie.

All the main reputable tuners all remap the V6 3L diesel engines to just over 700nm plus and anywhere from 300-313bhp. However, peak torque is delivered over the stock RPM range of 1600-2400rpm including the Brabus D6S power module. The D6S module only increases torque to 690nm.

However, it’s not all about big numbers and most importantly what actually matters is how the power is delivered. Therefore, I had opted to go over to Germany to the only reputable tuner that I could find that was able to tune the CLS so that peak torque was delivered from 1600rpm to over 3100rpm plus and deliver 319bhp at over 4100rpm, where all the other tuners were only providing peak engine power at the stock standard 3800rpm limit.

0-60mph has been tested at 5.2 sec.

Persoanlly, I am very sceptical and warry of GAD Tuning.

I would say it is a 231 especially if it has the monochrome display in centre of speedo and has a round steering wheel not the flat bottom one.
I believe one was done at MSL earlier in the year and was 310 bhp so there doesn't seem to be much difference with peak power figures when mapped between the two models.
If you have a look on here you will find it as there is not a massive amount of activity.

my steering wheel has the flat bottom one though and the monochrome display on the dials

I'm no Mercedes expert just telling you what I found out when I was looking for one.
There was contradictory information on autotrader ect. I bought mine from Syther and they seemed to think it was a 231.
Mine also says 265 on the log book from what I've read not all of them do though.
I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as your happy with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom