E350 EQ Boost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ex350e

Car
C300 cabrio AMG Line
...so a new arrival in my garage soon: an E350 Cabriolet with EQ Boost. Putting this out there to see who else has experiences with this engine. I will, of course, report back with pics and my own views.

This is the first time I’ve ever bought a car without test-driving one in advance...

...so a new arrival in my garage soon: an E350 Cabriolet with EQ Boost. Putting this out there to see who else has experiences with this engine. I will, of course, report back with pics and my own views.

This is the first time I’ve ever bought a car without test-driving one in advance...
Pics on arrival please! Really like the new E class convertible.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It’s actually the same engine as the A35 but rich 48v EQ system added. It’s a really nice level of power from a 2 litre engine, so I’m sure you’re going to be really happy with it. They also feel a fair amount lighter the 450 and 400d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s actually the same engine as the A35 but rich 48v EQ system added. It’s a really nice level of power from a 2 litre engine, so I’m sure you’re going to be really happy with it. They also feel a fair amount lighter the 450 and 400d

So it has a 2 litre engine and is badged as an E350 ?

Is there no end to the nonsensical badging of the range?
Nobody has a clue what engine is under the bonnet these days.

C/E63 s with a 4ltr, C/E43s with a 3ltr for example........... why?????

Liking the colour though:thumb:

Used to have a C350e - plug in hybrid but no ability to plug it in at home or work!

It is confusing isn't it, but it reflects the potential performance level, to a certain point anyway. I have a C350e, with a 2l motor, but 275bhp and 600Nm of torque probably deserves the badge?

That said, with the hybrids it is somewhat fake as the puff soon runs out. Even more so with the 'mild' hybrids I imagine?

Because engines have advanced slightly over the years... we have two litre engines pushing over 400bhp now, they can’t all be badged 200

The nomenclature relates to their output and what position that puts them in the range, not the engine size.

As AMGeed said, nobody has a clue what engine is under the bonnet these days.

Thinks... Wonder what the long-term reliability of a two-litre pushing out 400 bhp will be?

Because engines have advanced slightly over the years... we have two litre engines pushing over 400bhp now, they can’t all be badged 200

The nomenclature relates to their output and what position that puts them in the range, not the engine size.

Maybe those models pushing out 400bhp+ could rightfully have an AMG badge on the back.
Now there's a thought;)

Thinks... Wonder what the long-term reliability of a two-litre pushing out 400 bhp will be?

Should be fine Dennis. Those high powered Cosworth turbocharged engines back in the 80's lasted pretty well. So too the Subaru lump.

Maybe those models pushing out 400bhp+ could rightfully have an AMG badge on the back.
Now there's a thought;)

Maybe the really potent ones - 549+ bhp, say - could be rebadged as "AMG+"...

And the AMG Line ones as "AMG-"...:D

View media item 8604View media item 8603View media item 8602View media item 8601View media item 8600View media item 8599View media item 8598View media item 8597Hi. I've had my e350 EQ Boost Cabriolet a few months now and it's by far the best merc i've had so far (my 4th). i absolutely love it! the power delivery is great and there is zero lag on acceleration due to the electric boost, and it is very quick given it's size and only being a 2.0. i did consider the rubellite red, but in the sunlight it was a bit too brown for me so went with black :)

View media item 8604View media item 8603View media item 8602View media item 8601View media item 8600View media item 8599View media item 8598View media item 8597Hi. I've had my e350 EQ Boost Cabriolet a few months now and it's by far the best merc i've had so far (my 4th). i absolutely love it! the power delivery is great and there is zero lag on acceleration due to the electric boost, and it is very quick given it's size and only being a 2.0. i did consider the rubellite red, but in the sunlight it was a bit too brown for me so went with black :)

You have a beautiful car there. I couldn’t agree more about it being the best car I’ve ever owned. Puts a smile on my face every day.

Loving your choice of dash display set up. I find myself chasing those green leaf miles seeing where the EQ boost has been active as an economy thing. My *I set up is for Eco engine and everything else on sport to get the best ride and the best economy. Gliding mode is awesome - knowing the engine is cut off as I cruise up and down the A1 and ready for Power at the mere flick of the accelerator.

You have a beautiful car there. I couldn’t agree more about it being the best car I’ve ever owned. Puts a smile on my face every day.

Loving your choice of dash display set up. I find myself chasing those green leaf miles seeing where the EQ boost has been active as an economy thing. My *I set up is for Eco engine and everything else on sport to get the best ride and the best economy. Gliding mode is awesome - knowing the engine is cut off as I cruise up and down the A1 and ready for Power at the mere flick of the accelerator.
Indeed. I don’t really pay much attention to the consumption but like to have it there cause it looks high tech lol. I don’t do much mileage these days so it never really gets past 31mpg. I only chose the 350 because I couldn’t afford the 450 and the 300 was too slow because I had the c300 cab before this one and it was the same power output but lighter so quicker. The 350 is faster because of the 300bhp vs 245 in the 300 so I kept the quickness. Don’t know if you’ve got it but I specced the driving assistance package and that is witchcraft lol. It’s amazing how it drives itself and knows when you’re going to turn etc and reads the map to see how tight the bends are. Only thing it can’t see are traffic lights etc and speed bumps lol.

I have the newest C class and it's Distronic driving 'semi auto pilot' is supposed to work the same - reading map data to slow down when approaching curves etc.

However, I don't really notice the car doing this to great effect. Do I need to program and set a destination in the sat nav for it to read the maps more effectively so it knows where I am going? as I never use the on board sat nav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom