E350 map update ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nindagley

Car
E35cdi coupe
Just bought a 2011 E350cdi coupe . It has command system with fixed screen. Struggling to find out if my maps can be updated and how to find out what year maps are already installed . Any help appreciated .

Still not clear which one I have . I have a feeling they didn't support mine for long . As I said , fixed 5" screen , black background , manual says aps 50 command. Might have take it Mercedes . I can't even find what maps are installed .

Audio 50 APS and COMAND are different systems. IIRC you can't enter a full uk postcode in the nav of Audio 50.

I have the same system and was wondering the same thing. Full postcode entry and what looks like a memory card slot bottom centre of unit.

Ben320cdi said:
I have the same system and was wondering the same thing. Full postcode entry and what looks like a memory card slot bottom centre of unit.

Hi

Sounds like you have NTG 4.5. To find your map version follow para 10 in the link in my previous post.

Thanks I have had a look. It would appear if their site is up to date that the latest version is 2014/15? Which I have.

Your best bet is email your VIN to Alfie/Richard at comandonline, they will tell you exactly which nav system you have on your car and what the latest update is (which they will sell you as well!).

You're right - I have the just the audio 50 APS. I'm still unsure if I'm able to update the maps . No memory card or pcmia slot. I suspect I can't update the maps.

Nindagley, if you have not yet done so, get in touch with comand.co.uk. Not only are they sponsors of this forum, they are also well respected experts on MB ICE,Nav and suchlike irrespective of car model or built in ICE/Nav type. From them you will get chapter and verse of what your car has installed, instructions for finding out what map version you have, and what you can do to update the system. Or, if Surrey is not to far, you can take the car to them and they'll do the necessary.

You're right - I have the just the audio 50 APS. I'm still unsure if I'm able to update the maps . No memory card or pcmia slot. I suspect I can't update the maps.

Of course you can update the maps, unless you already have the most recent version. All MB navi devices are built for updates, depends on the model year if the update comes on a CD, DVD or a USB stick (or on-line).

There is a 2016/2017 update for an NTG4 Audio 50 APS navi.

Speak to command, trust me you will save a load of agro

They know what they are doing! Top lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys , command say they don't have anything for my system.
Looks like I'll be going to Mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom