e350 or jag XF 3.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pagzzy

hi guys i havent posted in a while... the time has come to part exchange the c63. it truely has been a wonderful car and does put a smile on your face but no the sounds of little feet are on the way ( a dad to be) so i think ill be reorganising.

i am toying with a e350 coupe or a jag xf 3.0 as a daily car for myself

i was wondering what thoughts you guys had on both ???

thanks in advance

Congrads.

All I can say is with kids four doors easier than two if your using your car with the baby seat etc.

Also if its your first and you go on holiday you WILL not belive the stuff you take with you... I would go estate :)

hmmm estate.... have to look into this.
any thoughts on the jaguar

pagzzy said:
hmmm estate.... have to look into this.
any thoughts on the jaguar

I Was sent some reviews by Which and as nice as the XF is they're not enamoured with its reliability giving it a 1/5. Mercedes C gets 3/5

My m8 is a Jag technician so hanging out there from time to time.
XF is a nice car,very nice to be in and belive they are trouble.Haven't seen one in the workshop for other reason then service.
If e class in coupe would pick that, for saloon would keep C63.

Friend of mine has an XF. It's stylish, spacious, has some neat touches in the interior...but...it's been back to the garage 5 times since december for various faults.

Also, it's one of the few cars I bang my head on every time I enter!! A lot of people thought I'd do this in my CLS, but no, it's his XF that I find hard to get into!

I don't know about all the stuff you need to carry with a child as I don't have any, but for me the E coupe or CLS would tick the box.

Friend of mine has an XF. It's stylish, spacious, has some neat touches in the interior...but...it's been back to the garage 5 times since december for various faults.

Also, it's one of the few cars I bang my head on every time I enter!! A lot of people thought I'd do this in my CLS, but no, it's his XF that I find hard to get into!

I don't know about all the stuff you need to carry with a child as I don't have any, but for me the E coupe or CLS would tick the box.

Digressing slightly, I stood by a W218 CLS in the dealer yesterday - what an enormous car and I understand the boot is only slightly smaller than the W212.

I have a XF 3.0 S. Lovely to drive and very comfortable, even with 19's on.

Also, just bought a E class estate. Needed this because we just had a second child and there was no space in the Jag for all the gear that goes with children.

The XF is the better car to drive as it is more involving. The E class is also nice to drive, but in a different way. It's more laid back than the XF.

Hope this helps. Test drive both and let us know what you think.

As a father of a 5 and 3 year old, I would not recommend a 2 door car. Getting small people into a car seat in the back is a serious pain in the a***! There's is the xf estate coming out of course and it looks quite sleek.

Friend of mine just changed his CLS for an XK 3.0 and Jeez, it's fast! If that's the same engine in the XF it must be a flier. The XK interior really puts MB in the shade and it's making me think of changing the R350 for the new XF estate as I think it's a really nice looking car.

XF is a dog, reliability is poor, build quality bad bits just fall off at random especially the exhaust panel, I've lost 2 of these so far when driving the XF. The interior is a nice place to be though:thumb:

On a separate note had a XJ as a rental last week and it suffers exactly the same problems as the XF, 3450 miles on the clock and the autobox failed on me:eek:

Jaguar = great Interiors but cr*p build quality and reliability

If you are going to buy an E class buy a saloon or estate NOT a coupe. The coupe is based on the C class chassis and is a much narrower car than the saloon/estate. Check them out side by side. The E saloon/estate has a better ride also --- because it has a longer wheelbase .

XF is a dog, reliability is poor, build quality bad bits just fall off at random especially the exhaust panel, I've lost 2 of these so far when driving the XF. The interior is a nice place to be though:thumb:

On a separate note had a XJ as a rental last week and it suffers exactly the same problems as the XF, 3450 miles on the clock and the autobox failed on me:eek:

Jaguar = great Interiors but cr*p build quality and reliability

Glad I opted for the E class then. I was under the impression that the XF was pretty good in reliability.

This is Pete said:
Glad I opted for the E class then. I was under the impression that the XF was pretty good in reliability.

I recall Top Gears magazine running a new XJ. The wiper fell off on the motorway. You just don't get that with a German or Japanese car.

JD Power 2011 - Executive cars

255111112219.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom