e350 or jag XF 3.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They don't go low enough and are too short on the base. Fine for a under 6ft chap not for an over. I've got back issues and a loan of a 212 set them off. Shame as bar the seating and slightly too light steering it was pretty much perfect

I'm 6ft 2 and have no problems with the seats in mine.:)

Hi guys

An update jag is out of the picture and now left with 3 options
1. Is a new c350 fully loaded I am getting 5k extra for my car and 2k PDF list
2. A 2011 e350 fully loaded a slight discount but not great
3. A 2009 cls320 fully loaded cheapest out the 3 but the apr rates are high and no discount on the used

What do you guys think

If you're looking to have ease of access for the little one, it's got to be the E350.

I have looked at buying a C-class in both the W203 & 204 at certain times and find them to be a bit too tight to squeeze the children in, although I'm sure this isn't a problem for everyone. The E-Class is just right though.

Since you have kids on the drawing board, then the E class makes this an easy choice for space and practicality.

The e350 11 plate with pan roof, command sport pack, leathers and heated semi electric seats about 8k miles looking at 30k to buy

What do you guys think is this a fair price

Sounds ok to me. I got mind for 32K last december with:-

Sport spec
COMAND APS
Memory Package
Reversing camera
Privacy glass

Are you after a saloon or estate?

A saloon but the offers on the new c class as well as the apr a worth a look

I seem to remember reading somehwere that an estate is about £1500 more than a similar spec saloon (when bought new).

If I were you, I'd get an isofix baby seat from somewhere any go to your MB dealer and do a test run of how easy it is to fit the car seat into the back of both cars. That exercise should tell you whether the c class will be practical enough for you.

Having a c class c220 estate and boys aged 5 and 8, I can tell you when fully loaded .....and you will be... with all the crap you carry...... the c class is just a tad too small. There is just the extra space in the E and that's why I am looking to change.

Still can't find the right deal for me at the moment though, and after testing that 350 sport, just want the extra firepower, for when I am on my own! The other thing with a new car is Merc have changed to coloured graphics in the instruments, plus the new 350 has 265 bhp.

I don't know when the bhp changed but..........., if you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly!

The colour LCD screen in the middle of the speedo is a thing of beauty indeed.

I couldn't have a 212 without it. Yes, I'm really that shallow :eek:

d7ba56e7.jpg

I don't know when the bhp changed but..........., if you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly!

Early last year at least. I have the 265bhp, but just the black and white speedo display. From what I see, the information displayed is exactly the same, just with colours and a trendy modern font.

Looks good to me and the spec is similar to my own although it doesn't say what level of COMAND is there.

I'm not sure how they can get 265bhp out of a 3cc engine though.. :D

To be honest, I can't say for certain. However, I have COMAND APS, which gives me a 10Gb hard disk, 6 CD/DVD changer and full postcode navigation, a 7" screen and linguatronic control.

The standard system is Audi 50, which gives you a single CD/DVD slot and a 5.8" screen.

There might be various variants, but the price/spec list I have here doesn't go into a lot of detail.

IIRC the standard system is an APS20 - radio/CD

Next up is the APS50 - radio/cd/sat-nav.

Both APS systems have a 5.8" screen.

Next is COMAND - there seem to be two versions (with/without 6-cd player). COMAND has a larger screen, updated sat-nav (7 digit postcode, 3d view), Linguatronic (voice control), and a hard drive to load music tracks onto as well.

Only the APS50 and COMAND can receive the Harmon/Kardon upgrade.

The town driving went well yesterday. Average didn't drop below 30 mpg, which I thought was very good indeed. The lads on the automotive engineering course Master E attends had a look when I picked him up and were very impressed (funnily enough they all picked up on the twin exhausts rather than the safety features...).

So it looks a very tough test for the Jag if/when I get to have one for a few days - apparently all the Sports currently are allocated (mainly to dealers) and demo stock is in very short supply.

paid a visit to mb brooklands for a e350 saloon ... and what service we spent alot of time discussing options spent some time watching the red arrows and then went for a test drive ....
compared to the amg the e350 does have some horses underneath and its a very smooth transition. i have to say in the e classes you feel your on a cloud of air. it did have the agility suspension option. as you guys have mentioned the saloon is far more practical space in the back and boot is amazing. and the car does look nice especially when they come with the 19inch amg alloys.

we sat down chatted discusssed deals and then my heart broke the car was sold in the morning.... and the day wasted... ahhh... i could see it in the salesmans eyes we were down ... it had the spec the price was right ..... back to the drawing board

Yes, I had very good service from the guys at Brooklands. Sorry to hear you got gazumped though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom