E350 S212 Airflow Meter Error Codes, P010D37 & P010C36

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gentabout

Car
E350 Estate AMG Night Edition Premium +
Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice if possible, I have a orange engine light that has come up and when i scan the car i get the above error codes which translate as:

P010D37 - Mass Airflow sensor 2 has a short circuit to positive. The signal frequency is too high.
&
P010C36 - Mass Airflow sensor 2 has a short circuit to ground. The signal frequency is too low.

If I clear the codes they stay away for a few days but then come back. I occasionally get a bit of hesitation on pull away in traffic but it only seems to happen once per journey and not everyone journey, apart from that it all seems to be running well and the fuel economy seems normal. The codes confuse me as they seem to be opposite to each other. Ive checked all the harnesses and everything seems to be ok.

So before i go spending huge amounts of hard earned cash on it I thought i would ask here if anyone has any ideas. To replace the mass airflow means buying the whole assembly which includes both sides and from MB this is a 4 figure sum although there are some pattern parts available but I'm unsure if they are any good.

Help, any suggestions.

Cheers
Dean

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice if possible, I have a orange engine light that has come up and when i scan the car i get the above error codes which translate as:

P010D37 - Mass Airflow sensor 2 has a short circuit to positive. The signal frequency is too high.
&
P010C36 - Mass Airflow sensor 2 has a short circuit to ground. The signal frequency is too low.

If I clear the codes they stay away for a few days but then come back. I occasionally get a bit of hesitation on pull away in traffic but it only seems to happen once per journey and not everyone journey, apart from that it all seems to be running well and the fuel economy seems normal. The codes confuse me as they seem to be opposite to each other. Ive checked all the harnesses and everything seems to be ok.

So before i go spending huge amounts of hard earned cash on it I thought i would ask here if anyone has any ideas. To replace the mass airflow means buying the whole assembly which includes both sides and from MB this is a 4 figure sum although there are some pattern parts available but I'm unsure if they are any good.

Help, any suggestions.

Cheers
Dean
Maybe a quality sensor supplier like Bosch ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom