E350 Sport Saloon - driver footwell width.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorSparky

Car
E350 CDi sport saloon
I've just returned from a test drive of a new E350 Sport saloon and was very impressed. It pushed all the right buttons for me, except one. After about an hour's driving, I found my left foot was starting to ache due to it resting in the same position against the central transmission housing. I got the impression that the footwell was too narrow, and in need of more space towards the left. My last two auto-gearbox cars (Audi and BMW) both had a footrest for the driver's left foot. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or is it just me not sitting straight, or something? It's left me undecided as to whether to go ahead with the purchase.

Feedback appreciated.

Not the best picture of my footwell but it definitely has a foot rest. Not a proper one with a metal plate etc., but there is somewhere to rest your foot just under the parking brake pedal.

I totally agree though that a proper metal-clad foot rest should have been put in. After only 8 months the carpet on my rest is getting very worn!

Not a great picture but this is it!

4479483829_cc4faa50c9_o.jpg

Thanks for the replies.
Strange that I missed the availability of that footrest during the test drive. I must have had my foot on it, with my leg resting againt the central housing. Time for another test drive, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom