E350 Variable Brake Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johny5_uk

Car
E class
Anyone else noticed a change in the bright LED brake lights?

I used to chuckle when stopping at traffic lights at cars that insisted on tucking up my rear end only for them to cover their faces with their hands due to the mega bright brake LEDS but I noticed a change in how they come on now.

I know that if you brake hard that they pulse rapidly but now I also see that mine come on slowly when driving slow coming up to traffic lights.

For instance approaching a set of lights, start braking and the lights come on but dimly. I come to a complete stop and also apply the hold brake function by jabbing the brake pedal. But I noticed whilst looking in the rear view mirror all this time (also watching where I was going) that the LEDS slowly continued to get brighter over the period of about 5 seconds until they were at full brightness.

Anyone else noticed this? or did I miss it from new? I just cant remember them being illuminated in a staged brightness effect before, I am sure it was just brake and full lights on.

I have never noticed this, but can't say I have looked. I will certainly look tomorrow night though now :)

Quite funny really, with everything thats gone on with these engines its as if some boffin back in Germany forgot to flick a software switch and after the last update it has turned the cars features on!

Well I've spotted quite a few drivers making mistakes at junctions and roundabouts now.

Yep - big flashing LED's as some kind of safety feature kicks in when they slam the brakes on at the very last second..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom