E350 W212 transmission issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mentalmac89

Car
E350 W212
Hi All!
I recently purchased a second hand MB E350 W212 with FBSH, it’s a 2011 with 56k on the clock.
It’s a lovely car to drive and we are really enjoying it, however it’s picked up an issue that I wonder if any of you good people might have a clue on?

Occasionally after driving a while (in E mode) around 60-70ish, I go to speed up or otherwise and suddenly it won’t kick down etc… so i put it into sport, again nothing, and then in Manual it’s in 6th and the paddles won’t change anything. But if i then put it back into E and slow down to a stop, it will shift down through the gears but it holds in the gears until high revs before changing up (but again no kick down etc…)
Turning the car off and on again solves the problem - until it happens again randomly a few days later…

No engine warNing lights on, or any other info in the service section on the computer onboard (but haven’t had it attached to a diagnostic tool yet).
Any ideas what it could be?

Recommend first port of call is to a good indie workshop and run through a diagnostic check.

You could try a transmission reset via the pedals..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom