E350CDI Fuel Economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had heard that. Actually I find in uk traffic conditions it is rarely practical to use CC, so that trip to France was the first time I had used it to any great extent. I was mainly thinking about the gendarmerie as on those open roads there can be a temptation to press on and catch up with the next group of cars!

Out of interest what is the reason for CC being less efficient - is it just that it does not make sensible use of gravity etc and accelerates too much on hills to maintain speed?

CC maintains speed, so accelerates up hills.

Apparently the best way is to accelerate down hill and coast up...I use CC it's relaxing.

Personally speaking, I just fill up and go. Then when the tank gets somewhere near empty, I then put some more in...

I'm on my way to the cloak room already :devil:

On good long runs in the E55 I get around 26-28 mpg I would have thought yours would better 32.5 by a long way

Last edited:
Personally speaking, I just fill up and go. Then when the tank gets somewhere near empty, I then put some more in...

Me too - I only ever check when I go my sister's in Scotland, just out of interest.

I agree.
I enjoyed driving the car so much, I've decided to try and ignore the OBC, maybe taking the lead out of my shoes will improve the MPG !

Btw.. Thanks for the responses.
Much appreciated. :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom