E350CDI - niggles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wigs_1

Car
98 C240 Sport
Evening all
Its been a while since I've been on as I've been away from the marque for a few years.

Had my current car exactly 2 years now, think its fantastic but there are a couple of minor niggles and as my service is due next week I was wandering if there is any point chasing them up (now out of warranty). I've had a good parooze of the forum looking for a similar issue but its not obvious.

Car is a 2012 E350 CDI, 7g+ (stop/start)

Gearbox had fluid changed at last service and I think this is roughly when it started, none of this is a big issue but...

- Changes can be slightly lumpy 1st - 4th, 5th - 7th always smooth.

- At low speed (sub 20-25) especially slowing down & turning at junctions the car 'slips' when you accelerate. I could liken it to approaching a junction in a manual, put in new gear (say 2nd) round the corner, foot down then slip/ride the clutch till road-speed matches engine.

Anyone recognise the problems? As MB charge for diagnosis is it worth asking for any software updates or check of gearbox oil level (only done with STAR?) etc

Thanks, Chris

PS - Also can they stop the car putting the brakes on after you override cruise with the throttle..?

The gearbox is a little slow witted. Might account for your experience. Check it in sport mode. And keep a close eye on the revs when it appears to be slipping. If the revs don't spin up it's not slipping, it just feels like it is. I don't like this either. It's all fine in sport mode though.
As for the braking on throttle overrun in cruise mode...

Dear Mercedes, disable this completely insane and frankly dangerous "feature", it's not helping. It caused an unfortunate person behind me to almost have a crash the other day because they thought I was brake checking them after overtaking and pulling in to let a lunatic by. Thanks, DtD.

Does anyone know how to switch it off?

Thanks for that, does seem better in sports although can't help think i'm driving it differently.
Odd because sometimes it stays locked-up at 900-1000 rpm but at other times after a down-shift (eg: at a junction) it'll slip to 1800-2000rpm depending how much gas you give it...
Going to see if they can deactivate the cruise braking when its in for a service this week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom