E350CDI Oil Cooler Leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stoutgoose

Car
2012 Mercedes Benz C207 E350CDI, L322 Range Rover.
2012 E350CDI Coupe 265bhp model with 89,000 miles.

Has anyone had the oil cooler seals replaced on their 350CDI in the area and can recommend a reasonably priced but experienced company? The current quote is around the £1000 mark.

Has anyone had the oil cooler seals replaced on their 350CDI in the area and can recommend a reasonably priced but experienced company? The current quote is around the £1000 mark.
It might help if you gave your location details?

Does this quote include a new oil cooler?

If you are anywhere near the Midlands then talk to Mercland.

www.mercland com

Last edited:

Location is near Guildford.

There is a chap who runs an indy somewhere in South London, he charges £550-£600 and has done quite a few so takes him around 5 to 6 hours.. he has a YouTube channel named MercMan Tips.. BUT he doesn't disclose where exactly he is and what his indy is called! So good luck finding him..

PCS , Portsmouth
Ian @ Star Mercedes , Reading
Or Cole at MBS Southampton
Any of them good for yo
Worst case will be circa £1200 all in with me, but that’s with brand new cooler, all new single use bolts and cleaning out manifolds and ports. I don’t do them any other way. Do the job right or don’t bother.
Worst case will be circa £1200 all in with me, but that’s with brand new cooler, all new single use bolts and cleaning out manifolds and ports. I don’t do them any other way. Do the job right or don’t bother.
Thanks Jobsworth; where are you based? Can you PM me; I don’t think the system will let me PM until I’ve reached 30 posts.

You can’t make or receive PM’s yet. Sorry.

£800 all in. I chatted to them about it and they ran through the areas I expected and generated confidence. I wasn’t going to choose the cheapest and needed to be reassured they knew what they were up against. My local Indy who I have used for over twenty years and who I deeply trust have never done one of these, and although they were happy to do it, and I’m sure would have done a good job, in this instance I wanted someone who had prior knowledge.

£800 all in. I chatted to them about it and they ran through the areas I expected and generated confidence. I wasn’t going to choose the cheapest and needed to be reassured they knew what they were up against. My local Indy who I have used for over twenty years and who I deeply trust have never done one of these, and although they were happy to do it, and I’m sure would have done a good job, in this instance I wanted someone who had prior knowledge.
Fair enough that ain't too bad, post an update once it's all done

Excellent price. Did that include a new cooler ?

Interesting. I’ve recently taken mine to a local Indy and they say there is an oil leak around the area of the oil cooler and that I’d be potentially looking at £1500 to fix.

This seemed a bit much, so I’m thinking about it. Would this have any effect on engine performance at all?

Interesting. I’ve recently taken mine to a local Indy and they say there is an oil leak around the area of the oil cooler and that I’d be potentially looking at £1500 to fix.

This seemed a bit much, so I’m thinking about it. Would this have any effect on engine performance at all?
No. Unless your engine seizes through complete loss of oil pressure. That would affect the performance quite seriously.

Fair shout! although I was mainly thinking about it in relation to the recent misfire/lack of power!
No, a leaking oil cooler isn’t good to give any of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom