E350Cdi Stage 1 Remap Dyno Variation vs Stock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not so much peak gains there but a big improvement on the 1800 - 2500 rpm with the torque and power both coming in earlier .

Well this is getting confusing! I had our ML350 W166 remapped a few years ago by BFT/MSL and got the following results. The initial RR showed output of 277 from factory oppose to the 265 quoted, so my gains were not as much as expected, as I was quoted it should be approx 303 when finished.
Numbers without units - meaningless.
Combining metric and imperial units - plain stupid. Pandering to customer's desire for the biggest numbers - go figure.

Numbers without units - meaningless.
Combining metric and imperial units - plain stupid. Pandering to customer's desire for the biggest numbers - go figure.
My apologies, I thought it was obvious it was BHP I was referring to! The stock engine output quoted from MB is 265BHP and as we are talking about the 350 of this era and not the earlier variant, I mistakenly thought it was glaringly obvious, but obviously not....go figure!

No idea who has compared metric to imperial units, nor who's desire it is for the biggest numbers, do elaborate....

Something not quite right with the first run as both Power and Torque lines are wavey. On the second 'mapped' run the lines are smoother.

Sometimes it's the other way around and the new remap file needs 50 miles to get smooth lines .

No idea who has compared metric to imperial units, nor who's desire it is for the biggest numbers, do elaborate....
Either imperial - power in hp, torque in lbs.ft or, SI units power in kW and torque in N.m. Mixing them is just stupid It'd be SI all the way but in kW power looks puny - but torque looks bigger in Nm than in lbs.ft hence the crossbred bastardisation.

I'm 5ft 200mm tall and weigh 9st 1000g. Just stupid.

Is it even possible to have such high BHP but lacking Torque? I thought they were directly linked.

Effectively, power is just the product of torque x rpm.
You can gain power by pushing the same amount of torque further up the rpm range, or by increasing the torque at the same rpm.
The only "confusing" thing is when the units to measure each are not consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom