E350cdi Thermostat - do we have a friendly dealer on here???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moog999

Car
E350CDI S212
I've suspicious of my thermostat since getting the car nearly 12 months ago.

It's a late 2011 350cdi (265hp) and it seems to hover around 80 on the gauge even with a good long run.

Measured it today using a bluetooth obd reader and it settled around 76-78deg C. I am aware the should be operating nearer to 90deg C.

Anyway, ECP and GSF don't have one listed, which is a pain. Do we have any associations on here with any main dealers who offer a club discount or similar? Thought it work an ask.

Thanks.

I've suspicious of my thermostat since getting the car nearly 12 months ago.

It's a late 2011 350cdi (265hp) and it seems to hover around 80 on the gauge even with a good long run.

Measured it today using a bluetooth obd reader and it settled around 76-78deg C. I am aware the should be operating nearer to 90deg C.

Anyway, ECP and GSF don't have one listed, which is a pain. Do we have any associations on here with any main dealers who offer a club discount or similar? Thought it work an ask.

Thanks.

I’ll pm you.

Email back from her man.

£126!! For a fkin thermostat!!!

I put one on my Renault Clio last month for £12!!!

Why do stats even fail anyway and why can't you refurb them??

Email back from her man.

£126!! For a fkin thermostat!!!

I put one on my Renault Clio last month for £12!!!

Look on the bright side, you doubled the value of the Clio :)

They're full of wax which reacts to temperature, that wax leaks when the seals fade. It's a sliding mechanism in an extreme environment, so doesn't last forever.

Now that sounds more like it.

It wouldn't be too much trouble to just buy all those and return the ones that don't fit??

Anyway to know which one without taking the existing unit apart??

they all will fit if thats your car details , just different makers in quality .

I’d just swallow it up and get the OEM one it’s not worth the faff

Agreed, we sell the inserts for some Gm Models, not forgetting the Housing comes with a sensor, WHat you can find is the Insert doesn't fit quite right, then the sensor packs up further down the line. Tbh Id just buy a Whole new unit complete with everything you will need.

Fair enough chaps....I'll bite the bullet and add it to the list of bits needed for its service next month.

New temperature sensor £8 . I'd also buy the whole unit . but its his choice.

Users who are viewing this thread