E36 gearknob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ammar

Car
Mercedes Benz W124 E36 AMG Coupe
I have just bought an E36 AMG W124 coupe 1996 :banana: . The gear knob looks pretty worn and was hoping to find another original to replace.

It is the original gear knob with E36 indented across the top.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone?

Thanks in advance

Ammar

I doubt you will find one, they are no longer available. I had a E36 with 140k on the clock and the knob was mint. How many miles has yours covered?

Wow I sold a brand new and unused grey one on the classifieds on this forum years ago for about £35. Should have held on to it :(

Hi Ammar and welcome to the forum,post some pic of the car if you can
Is it the black one you`ve bought??The original one has E 36 on the top and if your one is worn,I recomend treating it as it`ll be hard to find another one

High-Lo said:
Wow I sold a brand new and unused grey one on the classifieds on this forum years ago for about £35. Should have held on to it :(

Was that out of a w124?

Hi Ammar and welcome to the forum,post some pic of the car if you can
Is it the black one you`ve bought??The original one has E 36 on the top and if your one is worn,I recomend treating it as it`ll be hard to find another one

Hey Dash. Yes this is the black e36! It's pretty mint. Ammar looks like you're going to have to 'refurb' the existing one!

Welcome and great choice of car! The gear knobs for these go for silly money. I hear one was listed for £600 although don't k ow if it ever sold. If anyone wants to offer that for mine they can have it!!!!

Its easy enough to emboss leather, the same as original one, to re-cover etc.

Hey Dash. Yes this is the black e36! It's pretty mint. Ammar looks like you're going to have to 'refurb' the existing one!

Take the OP one day and pop over,like to see that in flesh.Got to love 040

Hi Akash, thanks for the reply

it's covered about 111k. Not totally worn but the perfectionist in me just wants to replace it!

Maybe I'll just get it re-trimmed!

Thanks for all the replies guys - really appreciate it.

Seems as if the re-trimming is the way to go - I'm going to post some pics asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom