E400 AMG Sport Plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael88

Banned
Car
E400 Amg Sport Plus Coupe
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum so yes hi everyone. The last few days have been very very difficult for me on deciding which car to go for, i have chosen the E400 after several days thinking and researching which is best for me. I initially payed a deposit for an Audi S3 which i can't get my deposit back because i cancelled it.:fail !!! Suddenly i seen this white E coupe drive past me and from then onwards i wanted an E coupe. Popped into my local dealer which is Glasgow and discussed engine, spec and performance. I then test drove the E220 diesel which i felt really comfy in. I narrowed it down to either a E250 diesel coupe or E400. I had to go for the E400 simply because its really really rare that someone would order one but yes don't get me wrong they are E coupes that look exactly the same. So today was the day that i ordered it and its due to get built the next few weeks and be here for august. I think i will haggle them and wait for the 64 plate :thumb: What are everyones thoughts on the E400? I went on youtube and tried to search for some videos of it but found nothing really… I went for Memory Pack, 360 Camera, Black Nappa leather and black piano trim.

Hi there.
It will be a lovely car!
I would have gone for Harmon Kardon system too.

No experience of the 400, but sure it will be v smooth & powerful. There are a few owners of 350 petrols on here who heartily recommend theirs- the 400 should be better?
Just make sure you are not worried about economy as it will not be great. If that is a problem, then the 250cdi (or 350cdi) is the one to go for!

Hi there.
It will be a lovely car!
I would have gone for Harmon Kardon system too.

No experience of the 400, but sure it will be v smooth & powerful. There are a few owners of 350 petrols on here who heartily recommend theirs- the 400 should be better?
Just make sure you are not worried about economy as it will not be great. If that is a problem, then the 250cdi (or 350cdi) is the one to go for!

Cheers Smatt, The HK system is standard on the 400 as well as Handling package, Keyless go, LED intelligent lights and upper dash board in Nappa leather. V6 engine which i can't wait to drive as it will be a machine. Petrol aint a problem as i only will be driving to work which is like less than a 3 minute drive and when I'm off work il take it around but not to the extent of 150 miles a week or something. I am not aware if they are any E400 owners on this but if so then id like to hear their review on it :)

It should be a seriously rapid car. 330bhp? and 354lb/ft from 1400-4000rpm should make it a hoot to drive.

Cheers Smatt, The HK system is standard on the 400 as well as Handling package, Keyless go, LED intelligent lights and upper dash board in Nappa leather. V6 engine which i can't wait to drive as it will be a machine. Petrol aint a problem as i only will be driving to work which is like less than a 3 minute drive and when I'm off work il take it around but not to the extent of 150 miles a week or something. I am not aware if they are any E400 owners on this but if so then id like to hear their review on it :)
Sounds perfect!

So the 400 is available in the coupe & cab. Are they putting it into the estate/saloon too?

Sounds perfect!

So the 400 is available in the coupe & cab. Are they putting it into the estate/saloon too?

I don't think so, although theres an E63 Saloon and estate… don't know why they never made a E63 coupe!! If that came out i would have went for that :cool:

Congratulations on ordering the car. It'll be pretty special given all the extras you've bolted on. Truth be told, I'm pretty jealous of your car!

I'm waiting delivery of an E350 Bluetec: panoramic roof, nappa leather, brown limewood and ILS. Would have loved some other extras but it's very hard to justify paying more than what I've already done.

Delivery is end of June so mine will definitely be a 14 plate. Really glad to see another (soon-to-be) E-Coupé owner!

Theres 480 torque on it where as the E250 has 500

The 250cdi is a great engine but the torque still fairly short lived in the rev range even Merc claim that it's 500nm only for 1600-1800rpm, whereas the e400 is 480nm over 2600rpm.

E400 engine available in SL400 from June 14 :)

don't know why they never made a E63 coupe!!

Apparently they didn't think they needed it due to the C63 Coupe. I also read that they did regret that decision too.

C400 is coming out (if not already) soon too.

C450 also mooted.

They do a E550 Coupe in Canada, which is a V8 Bi-Turbo.
If they did that in the UK, I would buy it.

Was looking at it in the dealership here yesterday in Toronto.
402 BHP
0-60 4.8 Secs

They do a E550 Coupe in Canada, which is a V8 Bi-Turbo.
If they did that in the UK, I would buy it.

Was looking at it in the dealership here yesterday in Toronto.
402 BHP
0-60 4.8 Secs

Import one from Ireland...it's a rhd car too! And 408bhp.

408bhp .file:///C:/Users/FFNI19/Downloads/CatalogE-Class_AC207_0613_02BC_MC6701-0418-020613.pdf

Import one from Ireland...it's a rhd car too!

408Bhp.
Must be because the octane rating over her is 85 lol.
Extra few horses.

Didn't know about the Ireland bit, appreciate that.
Wonder why they don't offer the car in the UK then if they do it RHD in Ireland.
Odd.

AMGBlack said:
They do a E550 Coupe in Canada, which is a V8 Bi-Turbo. If they did that in the UK, I would buy it. Was looking at it in the dealership here yesterday in Toronto. 402 BHP 0-60 4.8 Secs

They do don't they - it's the E500.

Someone on here got a 2014 car recently.

Congratulations on ordering the car. It'll be pretty special given all the extras you've bolted on. Truth be told, I'm pretty jealous of your car!

I'm waiting delivery of an E350 Bluetec: panoramic roof, nappa leather, brown limewood and ILS. Would have loved some other extras but it's very hard to justify paying more than what I've already done.

Delivery is end of June so mine will definitely be a 14 plate. Really glad to see another (soon-to-be) E-Coupé owner!

Cheers Billy! A panoramic roof was an option but i had to refuse that due to it being over 1k and isn't very needed in my view, especially being in the Uk. Had to go for 360 camera as it looks cool when your reversing. Nonetheless E400 comes with pretty much everything you need anyways. Planning to get a hold of the E63 Wheels then get them black if they aren't already. Spoiler dipped in carbon fire. Roof and mirrors wrapped also. Will look minted!

Why have they not refunded the deposit on the S3?
Have they started to build it?
Even so, they should at least offer to refund it if they sell your slot.

Oh, can I be a bit cheeky and ask what discount you got?

One of my customers is wanting to order one and managed £8000 off, which I thought was great, be he seems to want to get a bit more?

Oh, can I be a bit cheeky and ask what discount you got?

One of my customers is wanting to order one and managed £8000 off, which I thought was great, be he seems to want to get a bit more?

Got 500 quid towards my deposit because of the cancellation of the S3 which i am still waiting for confirmation on. And just over 2500 off on the total price, according to the order sheet anyways. Wasn't really explained in detail about it because i didn't really have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom