E400d delay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jammytee

Car
E class
I ordered an e400d in November 2020 and still awaiting delivery as of today. Anyone else experience a delay this long or am i just unlucky.

I've not ordered an e400d so can't comment. 😂. There is a world shortage of certain electronic components taking its toll on lots of products at this time though.

I think it probably fair to say it's not just you and not just MB......it could be weeks or months even

I ordered an e400d in November 2020 and still awaiting delivery as of today. Anyone else experience a delay this long or am i just unlucky.

Perhaps the engine or more likely some specific options but we ordered the 213.014 late March 2021 and it was delivered early July 2021. Pretty well equipped too. Hope the factory has not forgotten to build your car. :)

Then again, rumours say some of the W206 models take 12 to 18 months from order to delivery.

Jesus that’s a long time

I've just ordered a Ford Kuga 2.5 full hybrid and been told I might get it by September 2022!!!

I enquired re a new SWB Sclass 400d recently and was told November 22. I can wait, not paying the 25% premium they’re currently fetching on the used lot. I’ll revisit it in March.

I enquired re a new SWB Sclass 400d recently and was told November 22. I can wait, not paying the 25% premium they’re currently fetching on the used lot. I’ll revisit it in March.

That would be my approach.

I think there's also too much risk that buying new with options might result in longer delays or get you a re-spec'ed car with little recompense.

Reactions: HB
When do you reckon the supply problems/chip shortage will resolve itself ? Because when it does , second hand car prices are going to plummet

A friend ordered a new MB (not E400D though) in Feb '21, still no date for delivery; not as long but a massive change from 24-months ago.

Ordered an EQC in August and its due January. Most of the lease deals on our company cars are quoted as in excess of 5 month lead time.

There is another poster on here that was faced with delays to his E53 estate, then offered a reduced range of options, due to the chip shortage.

He opted out and purchased a used E63 estate instead. I don't think that MB were bothered too much as they would probably be able to sell it for more.

That would be my approach.

I think there's also too much risk that buying new with options might result in longer delays or get you a re-spec'ed car with little recompense.
Absolutely correct. Salesman (who we’ve dealt with for 20 years) said keep your spec pretty basic or I guarantee it will spill into 2023. It sounds crazy but, he’s actually not joking around.

I read it as 2021, D'oh! 🤓
Did someone at the dealership forget to place the order?
Nope have checked and the vehicle was built july 2021, but has apparently gone into storage awaiting a semiconductor

There is another poster on here that was faced with delays to his E53 estate, then offered a reduced range of options, due to the chip shortage.

He opted out and purchased a used E63 estate instead. I don't think that MB were bothered too much as they would probably be able to sell it for more.
Yeah crossed my mind, as i have a lease deal on it based on an offer in nov 21. I’m thinking they really don’t want to honour the deal as its now nearly +35% if I reordered

I think it probably fair to say it's not just you and not just MB......it could be weeks or months even
It's been 13 months so far ...it had better be a hell of a car to justify such a long wait. chips or no chips.....

PS a mate of mine has ordered an Audi RS something or other .....10 months minimum before delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom