e400d opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

testingtesting

Car
sl
I'm looking at an e400d.

quite like this one

anything to look for?

what's the motorway mpg like? any issues?

Does anyone have info on the price? I think this is sensible given its 'list' of £60k ash

Ive watched a lot of reviews on the Allterrain and quite a few say the ride on air suspension is fantastic. A lot like a S Class Estate if there was one.

has anyone got one? What the gut feeling on the price? seems ok I think?
Not got an all-terrain, but have the ’normal’ 400d estate, complete with air suspension. As a guide, I paid £36k for mine back in november. Mine was sept 19 on a 69 plate with 5k on the clock.
Given that the all-terrain has now been discontinued, I would say that’s a pretty good deal. Be quick though if I were you, as I’ve seen the same car being discussed on Pistonheads.....

No idea - but guessing due to low demand given how few of them you actually see on the road?
Makes them more exclusive in my opinion.

I hadn't even realised that they were launched in the UK. I have to say that, of the current lineup, it seems the truest in spirit to my S211 E500. I would, though I'm not a diesel man.

I don't think many people like the all terrain, I only ever see Audi folk with them.

Really don't mind it on this, though

That looks like a great price, so much car for the money!

Are you covering lots of motorway miles? If so I'd suggest looking for a car with the driver assistance pack, adaptive cruise and all of the self driving bits.

You'll get 50mpg at a push on the motorway, 40mpg if you like a fast cruise.

The only downside is the DPF... No matter the journey style mine will regen every 300 miles without fail, other owners on various forums have reported exactly the same and Mercedes tell me it's "normal". Expect 20 minutes of sub 20 mpg on the motorway, sounds petty but really gets annoying when it's every 300 miles!

Any questions just let me know :)

there's only 3 for sale, the one with the pack has more or less white leather.

I'd even go for a none 'all terrain' with the assistance pack.

I'd really like the Driver assistance pack, it'll do about 8k a year on the motorway, 3k 'normal'.

Not got an all-terrain, but have the ’normal’ 400d estate, complete with air suspension. As a guide, I paid £36k for mine back in november. Mine was sept 19 on a 69 plate with 5k on the clock.
Given that the all-terrain has now been discontinued, I would say that’s a pretty good deal. Be quick though if I were you, as I’ve seen the same car being discussed on Pistonheads.....

That looks like a great price, so much car for the money!

Are you covering lots of motorway miles? If so I'd suggest looking for a car with the driver assistance pack, adaptive cruise and all of the self driving bits.

You'll get 50mpg at a push on the motorway, 40mpg if you like a fast cruise.

The only downside is the DPF... No matter the journey style mine will regen every 300 miles without fail, other owners on various forums have reported exactly the same and Mercedes tell me it's "normal". Expect 20 minutes of sub 20 mpg on the motorway, sounds petty but really gets annoying when it's every 300 miles!

Any questions just let me know :)

I use to have a hybrid Volvo that'd charge its battery when running on the motorway and drop to circa 20mpg for 30 mins. even though it wasn't using any battery but was part of the conditioning process. I have read that about the dpf on these, shame really as I have the right profile for not having any dpf issues.

Dont let the DPF stop you as it's still a fantastic package, most of the time you're getting exceptional mpg for the size / performance on offer, just something to be aware of.

Assistance pack seems to be a rare sight on the E400D but worth hunting out if you're not in a rush.

Proper off road 4x4 wheels tyres on it already I see......

That's a mega performance diesel though.
Wait til an owner remaps it in a few years

Proper off road 4x4 wheels tyres on it already I see......

That's a mega performance diesel though.
Wait til an owner remaps it in a few years
DMS are a short drive away from me and promise 395bhp / 590lb ft (340 /510 standard), I haven't felt the need for more power yet but might give it a try before she gets replaced

I'm in the southwest, so we don't get snow, lots of rain. I'm quite happy with 4wd and its current tyres, it won't cause me any issues.

I'd have no need to get it remapped. Just imagine what they could do without dpf's etc!

Definitely speak to the guys at MB Southwest, William Russell at the Plymouth dealership went above and beyond to secure my business, after a little negotiating came back with a crazy monthly figure! Remember it's a buyers market for a big diesel these days.

They have a few E400D's in the group at the moment, worth a phone call...

yeah I did today actually. I think I prefer the all-terrain though, just as it should be a bit better on the motorway(comfort wise)? its got a tow bar which is needed also....

they've offered me a £7500 cost to change, I've a 2018 640d

I went for a 19" car as I've read the 20" can spoil the ride, the all-terrain has air suspension as standard though so I expect it'll ride better than mine on steel springs.

Might be worth checking if it's got winter tyres on it, you'll find plenty of info about 4matic skipping with summer tyres fitted, especially on larger wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom