E400D susp. sensors...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TR750

Car
E400D 2019 (prev MBs - 320 CLS, '08 CL500).
Hi - a simple question I hope. Whilst I had the front bumper and wheels off to change the grille and fit wheel spacers last Sat. (its a 2019 E400D PPlus), I noticed familiar looking short links & position sensors on the front suspension, although it doesn't have air - it rides on steel springs. Didn't pay attention to the rear set up... So, what are the sensors for, ride height or roll? damping sensing? Thanks in advance! (I'll have to get my finger out and get a virtual manual - found it very handy for this sort of thing in the past).

Fairly sure they are the level sensors for the headlights.

Ahh that'd make sense, it has the intelligent headlight melarkey... thanks!

Think it's more a case of when fully loaded or towing a caravan. Most cars have them now ,even without intelligent led lights . That's a whole different scenario tbh.

Gone from most cars now is the switch to alter beam height. 👍

Think it's more a case of when fully loaded or towing a caravan. Most cars have them now ,even without intelligent led lights . That's a whole different scenario tbh.
I'm familiar with headlight leveling, but maybe it does feed the intelligent headlight lark; by the way it is quite impressive, especially on unlit country roads. With hindsight, my previous car (Audi SQ5) had disappointing headlights, I put it down to my aging eyesight, but this thing is a whole step change better, much whiter, and brighter, so maybe my eyes aren't that bad...

I'm familiar with headlight leveling, but maybe it does feed the intelligent headlight lark; by the way it is quite impressive, especially on unlit country roads. With hindsight, my previous car (Audi SQ5) had disappointing headlights, I put it down to my aging eyesight, but this thing is a whole step change better, much whiter, and brighter, so maybe my eyes aren't that bad...
It maybe does , so does the windscreen camera . 👍

Is your car an Estate -if so it has air at the back to self level, but of course the car needs to know what is level. The sensors you describe will be for that AND the headlight levelling - the twin cameras by the interior mirror are there to direct the shape and sideways movement of the headlights on cars with multi LED light system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom