E400d W213 Oil Dipstick?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

omega1

Car
E400d 2020 4matic (W213)
Hi all,

The electronic dipstick on my E400d W213 is showing that the oil level looks low (it is still saying OK) but looks low on the screen, so I was going to check it the old-fashioned way (level, cold vehicle, then check dipstick), but I cannot find a dipstick in the engine bay! I checked the manual and it shows it towards the rear, but it really isn't there.

Is there a physical dipstick in this vehicle? I cannot find it!

Second question, I do not know what oil was put in it (just got the car, second hand), what would be a suitable oil to put in it?

Thanks in advance.

Sadly there is no longer a dipstick, but i believe there is a way of checking the oil level, through the on screen setting, i'm not sure how though, someone will come along and explain.

How are you finding the E400d engine, being an inline 6

Sadly there is no longer a dipstick, but i believe there is a way of checking the oil level, through the on screen setting, i'm not sure how though, someone will come along and explain.
Thanks for your reply, I suspected that would be the case, I have found it on the screen and it looks low on the 'electronic dipstick' so I just wanted to top it up but trusted an old fashioned one more!

How are you finding the E400d engine, being an inline 6
I'm really loving it, I had the E350d (W213) before and really liked that engine and said that as soon I was done with my mid-life crisis (bought a Mustang!) I'd definitely go back to the E350d as I really liked it. When I went to get the E350d last month there was a great deal on the E400d 4matic (W213), so I got that one instead and it really is a nice car, very quiet but when you put your foot down it really bolts. No issues at the moment and really liking it. I think the V6 in the E350d had more growl which the inline 6 doesn't have, it's very quiet, but it really responds well, I'm getting much better MPG out of it too.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom