E420 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul64

Car
1995 W124 E300 Diesel estate (250k miles), 2008 CL63 AMG, 1969 Triumph 2.5PI, 1975 Triumph TR6
I have the chance to get a nice late model, low miles E420cdi with some decent options - I wonder if there were any big problems with this car?
I've rarely seen them around, even over here in France, and although the V8 MLs seem more common, they seem inherently more unreliable perhaps.....

Are there any well-known faults to look out for at the end of the previous gen E-Class? Surely, they would have sorted most of them out in the last year or so??

Look forward to hearing tales of woe from all,

Paul

I doubt you`ll get much feedback engine wise here

Perhaps there are a few members from Europe who have experience? There's not a lot on the internet about them really either....

Paul

Of the small number of V8 CDi owners I've come across, I've not heard of any issues with the engine?

Good engine, I have it in ML. No faults.

I swapped the engine.

LOL!

Sold that ML for V12 TT CL a few months back. Still miss it a lot.

EDIT: The 420 is a family hauler now.

We have a neighbour here in Russia that has an E420CDI which I've driven. It is amazing! Second to a Corvette Stingray I drove in the late 70s it is the fastest car off the line I've experienced. He's had it for six years, has it serviced (as everyone here in Vladimir does) at a general mechanic (ex-Navy engineer) and has NO PROBLEMS with it at all. Great car. Wish we had it in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom