E420 w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Low spec but high power... But then, perhaps he's just not ticked the extra boxes; he talks about the ac/power windows/cruise control all working, and it's hard to imagine such a beast not being equipped as standard with all the toys.

Low spec but high power... But then, perhaps he's just not ticked the extra boxes; he talks about the ac/power windows/cruise control all working, and it's hard to imagine such a beast not being equipped as standard with all the toys.

It surprises me that this car was not ordered with leather though, with regards to options, this car is from the era when everything on a Mercedes was an option.

Some people prefer cloth seats to leather. I do.

I've got that seat material in my 190E 2.6 Sportline. It's rare, warm in winter, cool in summer & grippier than leather. It looks good too IMHO.

Easier to change the seats to leather than swap the engine :)

Heated air cooled leather is the way :)

The obsession with leather seats is just a fashion, a passing fad.

In much the same way as most on here wouldn't be seen dead in a white car 2 years ago, now, after the advertising agencies that handle MB, Audi, BMW & Porsche made it a 'cool' colour, most on here now also think it's cool & looks great. It always looked great.

If the same car companies decide to make cloth seats cool 90% of people will eventually think it's cool & after a year or two of the marketing onslaught order it in preference to leather.

Some people prefer cloth seats to leather. I do.

I've got that seat material in my 190E 2.6 Sportline. It's rare, warm in winter, cool in summer & grippier than leather.

I do like cloth instead of leather to but having the kids in and out of the car,leather is the way to go
If I had that car,I`d lose those alloys and get some 8hole 16s and that`s it
Maybe a 200e badge aswell,:D would really make some people wonder

Nice. Affordable. (Note to self: stop clicking on DW's threads...)

One thing: at first glance the service history looks great. But there seems to be some high miles between some of the early ones?

Most of the 400E/E420s in Germany have cloth. It's quite hard to find one with what we'd consider a good spec

I found one two years ago in Blue-Black with moo, sky & electric chairs. Should have bought it!

Nick Froome

I found one two years ago with electric chairs

Nick Froome

That would be the rare Texas prison Governor edition W124 then....

Pity about the paint colour on the o/s wing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom