E43 AMG 4matic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark92400

Just wanted to know people's thoughts on this car which comes out at the end of the year. What would be the real world fuel consumption given the engine size and all wheel drive. Was looking to get a 350d but a bit worried about the resale value and taxation of diesels given the pending restrictions on them that will occur.
I am a bit concerned that the ride quality of the E43 might be a bit harsh due to the sport setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any published figures? If so, take 20% off for a more real world figure

We're averaging 27mpg in our SL400 which is the same engine. So with 4WD and a bit more power maybe mid 20's would be realistic. However the 9g box might offset some this so maybe 27mpg is a realistic number.

I was sold on the idea of one of these and an E43 AMG 4Matic Estate was earmarked as a replacement for our existing E next year.

Then we drove a 2015 Audi S6, which even on 20" rims rode like a limo due to it's standard air suspension. We were immediately sold on this and will be ordering one in Feb next year. The fact I can order it painted any colour I like for £2.5K was the final selling point. Even with (a lot) of options, after discount this will come in at around £55K new which is sensible money.

Last edited:
Having had a look on Mercedes.de, the official combined consumption for the E43 Saloon is 8.4l/100km which is roughly 33mpg.

The SL400 is advertised at 7.7l/100km which is 36mpg. We get 27mpg real world running on super unleaded only.

Based on that I think you'd realistically be looking at closer to 24mpg average.

Thanks for the information. It seems it will be a large difference in consumption compared to the Diesel V6. Might need to think again!

Thanks for the information. It seems it will be a large difference in consumption compared to the Diesel V6. Might need to think again!

10 mpg difference probably, which if you're doing 30,000 miles a year starts to mount up. If you're doing 12,000 miles a year then it's probably not worth losing any sleep over.

25,000 a year for me. And I guess on that engine you would need to use super unleaded

25,000 a year for me. And I guess on that engine you would need to use super unleaded

Ours is actually regular unleaded but I choose to run it on Super. I guess the AMG moniker might mean super as standard though.

25K a years if you can justify a 350d then an E43 is probably not that much of a stretch.

What I have noticed in our SL is it just doesn't seem to matter if I'm on the motorway or in town, the mpg never seems to fluctuate a great deal.

I our E diesel it's a vast difference between town and motorway.

Last edited:
Well I have to say the E43 has grabbed my attention. It's a stunning looks car and could see me in a Merc next year!!

As for the S6, nice car but the interior of the A6 is just not special enough. Don't get me wrong it's nice but after a few years in it, it just doesn't feel lux enough. I'm back in a 5 series and although not finished to the same silent std it's a far more impressive interior. The E class imho is again beyond that. Also the A6 will be replaced soon so residuals (S6 is already not very good) will be pretty harsh.

For me it is a question of going for one for delivery end of December or waiting for a non AMG petrol 4matic one next year when they are released.

I'm a month into a C43, and am extremely impressed with the cars all round abilities.

The engine if fantastic with 367hp, and I believe the E43 will carry another 30+. So I'd expect that to be blindingly quick too.

Real world MPG over 2000 miles is dead on 25mpg, which I think will improve over time. The first month hasn't what been what you'd call light footed.

In the non sport modes, engine, steering and suspension - the car is just a very capable petrol cruiser. I can't see why the E43 will be anything other than more accomplished given its two years younger than the current C Class model wise.

I'm a month into a C43, and am extremely impressed with the cars all round abilities.

The engine if fantastic with 367hp, and I believe the E43 will carry another 30+. So I'd expect that to be blindingly quick too.

Real world MPG over 2000 miles is dead on 25mpg, which I think will improve over time. The first month hasn't what been what you'd call light footed.

In the non sport modes, engine, steering and suspension - the car is just a very capable petrol cruiser. I can't see why the E43 will be anything other than more accomplished given its two years younger than the current C Class model wise.

Your post made me excited again about getting mine, 8 weeks to go

Only 3 that's not bad is it!

Photos and a full review will be very much appreciated

No problem - it is an estate though!! Guessing you have the super sultry coupe on order! Only slightly jealous if you do ;)

No problem - it is an estate though!! Guessing you have the super sultry coupe on order! Only slightly jealous if you do ;)

Yes it's a Coupe but both cars look the same from the drivers seat :thumb:

Really surprised to see people estimating 25 mpg for an e43.

On average I get 23 out of my 2014 e63, really surprised if the new model (and therefore I assume quite a lot lighter?) with a much smaller engine, is less than 10% more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom