E43 (maybe c43 too)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tracky

Car
E43
Hi All

I’ve had my E43 for about 2 months now and almost 3k miles

Having come from an RS4(B8), I was expecting to see an improvement in my fuel bills but as of yet not much different.

Just wondered what others were getting economy wise

Ps appreciate that isn’t the point out of any AMG!!

The Porsche is 2WD and lighter but 42mpg is very good. What fuel consumption are you getting from the E43?

Indeed lighter and 2wd but my old RS4 was a 4.2 v8

Thought downsizing was going to help although I get this is just for relevant govt stats not real world.

20.2 in 2800 miles

Obviously hopefully that will get better as miles go on of course but even using economy mode and seeing the gliding symbol a lot, I’ve not seen 30mpg yet !

Indeed lighter and 2wd but my old RS4 was a 4.2 v8

Thought downsizing was going to help although I get this is just for relevant govt stats not real world.

20.2 in 2800 miles

Obviously hopefully that will get better as miles go on of course but even using economy mode and seeing the gliding symbol a lot, I’ve not seen 30mpg yet !

Blimey, our 4.0 V8tt Audi returns that.

The SL (pretty much same engine as your E returns the amount in the sig below). I think it will improve as it beds in but not by much.

Also note I work from home so don't commute or do anything remotely efficient when it comes to driving my cars.

Blimey, our 4.0 V8tt Audi returns that.

The SL (pretty much same engine as your E returns the amount in the sig below). I think it will improve as it beds in but not by much.

Also note I work from home so don't commute or do anything remotely efficient when it comes to driving my cars.

Exactly

Can’t see your signature?

If you can see my sig then you will see I have a run around car too so yes maybe drive this a little more enthusiastically than most when I do but I’ve just been disappointed on the longer runs where I have been trying !!

Not a deal breaker

Hmm

Ps how do I show sigs?

3900 miles and 29mpg on the computer so far. E43.

Bloody hell, wish my Boxster could do that.......I just get mid 20's out of my 2.7.

The C63 has done 25.9mpg over 14000 miles of mixed driving, maybe you should have gone for the V8 E63:)

RR

I would have loved to but I was about £30k short on a like for like spec to the 43!

Our E43 gets a fair bit of motorway use and little city driving so it probably explains the reasonable mpg.

Our E43 gets a fair bit of motorway use and little city driving so it probably explains the reasonable mpg.

Fair enough but to average that you must be seeing well over 30 somewhere along the line.

I’ve not see that ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom