E43 possible purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Williamwoo

Car
W124 E320 estate / Audi A6 BiTdi / Skoda Yeti 4x4 / VW Caravelle
Hi all,
Am thinking of buying an E43 estate but I haven't seen them mentioned very much in these pages. I can probably only run to an early-ish one (2017 or 18) and wondered if any on here have any experience of them. They seem to be quite well equipped as standard but I was wondering what the differences between Premium and Premium Plus were. Also, do all 213s come with 'virtual' instruments (i.e. a screen in front of the driver in lieu of actual ones)?
Thoughts appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

I haven't owned a E43 but I test drove one a few months ago but I opted for a E400d just due to the fuel economy differences as I do a lot of mileage. I also found it a more comfortable drive.

I believe the main differences are with Premium you get Keyless Go, Ambient Lighting, Seat Comfort Package and the Pan Sunroof. The Plus adds the Burmester Sound System and Comand Online.

Personally the Premium Plus is worth the few extra quid as I find the stock sound system not too great and the Burmester is a lot better but goes down to if you like listening to music with good mid/bass.

I have seen some Premium Plus Models with a standard dial instrument cluster in some of the older 16 17 plate E Classes so the virtual cockpit isn't standard. It really depends on the line. Most dealers should be able to give you a copy of all the features inside the car before you purchase it. Also the premium plus usually gives you the 12inch widescreen.

Hi,

I haven't owned a E43 but I test drove one a few months ago but I opted for a E400d just due to the fuel economy differences as I do a lot of mileage. I also found it a more comfortable drive.

I believe the main differences are with Premium you get Keyless Go, Ambient Lighting, Seat Comfort Package and the Pan Sunroof. The Plus adds the Burmester Sound System and Comand Online.

Personally the Premium Plus is worth the few extra quid as I find the stock sound system not too great and the Burmester is a lot better but goes down to if you like listening to music with good mid/bass.

I have seen some Premium Plus Models with a standard dial instrument cluster in some of the older 16 17 plate E Classes so the virtual cockpit isn't standard. It really depends on the line. Most dealers should be able to give you a copy of all the features inside the car before you purchase it. Also the premium plus usually gives you the 12inch widescreen.
Cheers, thanks for your comments. I quite like the idea of the virtual cockpit (I think), but am not too bothered about any of those things you get with either Premium or Premium Plus, maybe apart from the Burmester sound system. My main issue is how few E43s there seem to be around in my price range, and particularly in colours other than black or silver!

There are very few around. I would hold out and keep looking as the ones I have seen are all around 34 to 40k with fairly low mileage. I would opt for the adaptive led highlights though. They give the car a more agressive look and have amazing light output when driving in the dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom