E43 stop start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I left things to the dealer I would end up with a lot of faults that don't show up on their diagnostics or that they pass off as normal with an amg. It has spent half it's time with them since purchase already so whilst that approach would be ideal, in practice it can be more painful. All the faults so far have turned out to be real problems despite initially the dealer returning the car to me saying it tested ok. I just want to enjoy the car. With stop start they charge the battery then say oh look it works. One short journey later, no stop start. During the last phone call with them they said that start stop only works 5 times in one journey, what a load of BS! Completely irrelevant too since mine doesn't operate once. So because I'm technical(not with cars) and because I don't fully trust them now, and because I want to resolve things as quickly as possible i'm trying to get more information. Reasonable?

Not close to me I don't think. Also because I bought it from them(2nd hand) any issue not covered by warranty would be covered by being in the first six months after purchase.

I can confirm that after the dealership replaced the main battery and after i charged it(which took the ctek a full day despite them saying they charged it) i now have consistent stop start despite several short journeys. It activates very quickly as long as the ac isn't having to blast out and works the same as every car I have driven with stop start, no need for any particular driving style. Happy days, where's the off switch....

Yippee

I can confirm that after the dealership replaced the main battery and after i charged it(which took the ctek a full day despite them saying they charged it) i now have consistent stop start despite several short journeys. It activates very quickly as long as the ac isn't having to blast out and works the same as every car I have driven with stop start, no need for any particular driving style. Happy days, where's the off switch....
When the Stop/Start isn't engaging and there's no fault code, then 9 out of 10 times it's a battery issue (main or auxilery)... yet dealers regularly give customer the runaround for no obvious reason... b

Batteries are cheap and take minutes to swap, all covered under warranty by MB UK, so no idea why dealers think it's more economical for them to have admin staff and techs (and service bays) tied-up in repeat visits by customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom