e430 Brentwood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yeah looks good, ive sent him a message about viewing but havent had a reply yet :( ,looks good i see there is a little rust around the rear tailgate where the roof joins the C pillar's.

Going to see this one tonight, thats if it doesnt sell before then lol, will let you peeps know what its like

Aircon needs fixing - bet it's not just a re-gas, but it's not likely to be an expensive job unless the compressor requires replacement Other than that it sounds fine. I really like the interior colour, too. It's a bit of an old fart's colour, which is good too - I doubt if it has been thrashed. With any luck, it's not had too many owners, and it is likely to have appealed particularly to middle-class B.O.Fs (like me..). It's standing outside the right sort of house for said B.O.Fs, too.

I reckon it will turn out to be a good 'un. In fact, if I was looking for a replacement for the Saab Aero estate now, I'd bid on it myself. Good luck.

LOL i drive like a Old fart anyway ;) fingers crossed its a good one. The chap on the phone seemed pleasant enough.

Quite like the colour of the car and interior although im only 35 i feel older lol

What would you think the car is worth if it checks out all ok?

What's the electrical gubbins thing mounted on the pollen filter(?) at the right rear of the engine bay? :dk:

Also i think in the pictures, there is rust on the tailgate in the middle of the Mercedes star, when these vehicles rust is it like surface rust which rubs down or is it usually inside ie holed?

Looks nice. Fully loaded and 430. Rare.

Not sure about that electrical unit in the far corner of the engine bay. I would guess it's a control for fumes for the climate control. I think they had an auto re-circ function if the air quality dropped, eg you were following a dirty diesely smokey truck. Any advances?

Some W/S210s (this is an S210) rust badly, some don't seem to be so bad. Take a good look round the edges; wheel arches, tailgate, sill lips, doors. Check behind the rubber door seals for an idea of whether you are looking at a ruster or not. If main dealer rust repairs were done under warranty, you shouldn't see overspray, but look for signs of it anyway.

The worst structural rust points seem to be the front suspension spring perches (the top of the springs rest against them) and the bolt-on crossmember between the front suspension on each side. This can rust quite badly; mine has, but not to the point where I'm worried - I just absolutely slathered it in waterproof grease and put back the undertray to prevent abrasion damage. (The undertray was pretty rusty, but it is pretty heavy gauge - part of the hull of a scrapped destroyer if not a battleship..).

HTH

Bubbles in otherwise-unbroken paint usually indicate rusting through from the other side.

Last edited:
Just a note, i really apreciate everyones imput on this, its been a few years since my last Mercedes, Thanks peeps :)

As promised, a update. Met Ben the seller who was selling on the owner's behalf, pleasant to deal with, let me look around the car at ease.

I'm still not a MB owner :(

Rust on every panel, mostly surface spidering, worst the Rear nearside C piller to roof, rust coming through the roof, bottom of drivers door bad, along the tops of all door's, in the middle of the tailgate (very thin) behind the star coulda pushed through B pillar of the nsr door quite bad. So i walked away.

Interior was very clean, a little cam chain rattle when 1st started to.

The quest continues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom