E500 (388) Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks lovely, shame its silver a Dark with that interior would look great!

Highly specified car

That's a very rare highly specified 388bhp E500. You won't see one with as many toys again within the next few years. Price for that mileage makes me gulp though - much depends on whether it's really been serviced properly these last four years. If it has been, it's well worth it.

A proper clean would lift the car so much - it doesn't need to look that...used.

Do you think the price is too high?

I think it is about there considering rareity and facelift with the 5.5 vs 5.0.

125k should be nothing if it has been looked after. 9 main dealer so you would hope (perhaps!) that it has been looked after well.

And sold...

Exactly

Do you think the price is too high?

I think it is about there considering rareity and facelift with the 5.5 vs 5.0.

125k should be nothing if it has been looked after. 9 main dealer so you would hope (perhaps!) that it has been looked after well.

The price seems fair, provided that it's been cared for by a main dealer recently.

My comment about the gulp was about the mileage and whether it had been serviced properly recently.

All luxury cars have good servicing initially, the problem is that as they get older, and need proper care, "most" cars find that they don't get the same fastidious maintenance.

We see it on here often enough, when people spend a bunch of money on fettling higher mileage cars, after they've saved a grand or two by buying a car with six figure mileage.

As regards the extra bhp - well, I've just switched from a 300bhp E500 to a 388bhp S500. Have I ever used those extra 88bhp - Nah, of course not. I live in the UK. It's cute, it's newer, but no-one floors the accelerator on a big luxury car like this.

Last edited:
I don't like estates. I don't like silver cars. I don't like anything previous to the 212, but this I actually want. That option/feature list is immense.

I do have a big doggo, and it's even got a built in dog fence.

Electric everything, lovely interior and a nice V8, yeah I could easily live with this.

I'd rather spend a bit more on that one and have trouble-free motoring (as much as is possible) than buy a cheaper one and end up spending thousands, particularly as it has Airmatic.

MikeInWimbledon;no-one floors the accelerator on a big luxury car like this.[/QUOTE said:
I do. That's why I sold the E55K....

If that E500 had been Tanzanite, I'd have bought it, though. Perfect interior for a dark blue car.

As I'm selling my E320 with a spec like this I do wonder if that extra power would be worth it.

The E320 has a great pick up for a big estate.

Surely if you want to push the limits you buy a slightly different car as a fun day car??

I do. That's why I sold the E55K....

If that E500 had been Tanzanite, I'd have bought it, though. Perfect interior for a dark blue car.

Given the rarity of E500 estates, maybe it should have been bought and then wrapped?

Mind you, its a lot of car to wrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom