E500 Estate - If Only...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
IF ONLY... this had been for sale when I was looking...

2003 Mercedes E500 5.0V8 Avantgarde Estate AUTOMATIC CHEAP NO RESERVE | eBay

The ad's not quite 100% accurate - the 'slight mark near sunroof' is rust beneath the paint, I rather think - but monkey see, monkey still want. The S211 still just looks so sleek, so Mercedes, so right...

Looks like there has been some (bad) paint on the rear quarter.

What i am amazed at is the condition of the drivers seat with 180k miles on it , my BMW is showing more creasing with just 9k on the clock.

K

If anyone missed it in the ad, it has NO RESERVE

Also is hip clear so don't need to worry about a transplant :D

It's a lot of car for the price, 7 seats too.

Could be a cheap one for someone.

I see it's "Sold as Seen"!
Who on earth do dealers think this is an ok statement?

I always think that repeated bidding by a Zero feedback bidder (see bidding list) is a good sign of the seller using shill bidding to lift the bid price.

But who cares, the issue is what the car is worth to someone who's happy to buy that mileage, in that condition, and give it a service.

Could be a cheap one for someone.

I see it's "Sold as Seen"!
Who on earth do dealers think this is an ok statement?

I agree. But, are they allowed to put this on p/x clearance vehicles? I know on general stock they are not.

I agree. But, are they allowed to put this on p/x clearance vehicles? I know on general stock they are not.

Not to my understanding, the car must be as described.

In that respect if a customer bought it, then found that the transmission was slipping the dealer can't play the "sold as seen" card as they cannot remove the customers statutory rights.
Of course they will try as it is a cheap car but then they should ensure it is sold to the "trade" where i guess they can pass it on sold as seen.

The ad does actually say " HAPPY TO GIVE A TRIAL AT THE END OF AUCTION BEFORE PAYMENT". That seems like a good sign. The seller's feedback on Ebay, where it looks as though they sell off their (relatively...) manky old banger part-exes, is very good too. I'd love to see the ad for the 1968 RR Silver Shadow that went for under 2K, though; 'needs work', I suspect.

The seller is part of the the Derby branch of Pentagon Group, and while the group's feedback on Trustpilot is pretty poor, the Derby branch seems to be OK.

Last edited:
Sold for £1927. I almost wish I'd been bidding. Almost...

I use Gixen.

It might reappear, it could easily have been "bought in" by the seller.

It might reappear, it could easily have been "bought in" by the seller.

Nope. I bought it. Hi all! My first Mercedes, must be getting old. 😁.

Bought as a run about / dog car. All checked out so far.

Needed a rear abs sensor and ring (horrible job requiring the removal of the driveshaft from the car). But other than that it's behaved itself so far.

And I paid a little less than shown😂😂😂.

Wonder if it’s had a radiator

Great cars and rare in the Estate version.

Tell your dog that he's a lucky puppy.

Welcome to the forum. You'll find it a mine of useful information about the S211 and that V8 engine in particular.

Wonder if it’s had a radiator

According to the MB Technical Bulletin, the Valeo rad problem doesn't affect cars with the seven-speed box.

its a 2003 is it not? so it should be a 5speed and within range.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom