E500 Estate - If Only...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[/URL]

Is it this one?

Totally understand the frustration with eBay time wasters, and your description seems fairly honest/candid etc.

But I have to be brutally honest, I can’t see much life left in this car - surely it’s rapidly getting to the point on being beyond economical repair - MOT due next month? :-(

Anything’s fixable but no doubt as you worked out, it’s sound financial sense at this point to move on? :)

Sorry if that’s not what you want to hear but probably realistic and might save you more eBay fees and time wasters etc.
Yup thats her.

Its ok, i can take it😀. And i agree to an extent. I priced an OEM / Bilstein strutt, complete new front arms, everything, mounts etc etc at ~ £1500.

Anyone who can do the work themselves would then have an E500 worth 3-4k?

But for anyone that knows these cars, even the condition of this one as is is still a nicer drive than many newer much more expensive machinery.

Ive had an offer of nearly the lower ebay bid to scrap it. This was always my fallback but ive been hoping someone can save her🙂.

And lo...a guy may be coming to do just that. So fingers crossed....

The issue is as Will says what is the car worth when fixed up. It is always a balancing act spending money and increasing value but there will always be others out there better for a bit more and if not too much more the cheaper one makes less sense. When it gets to the point it is not worth spending the money it can often be worth broken. Which is sad to see but can end up making the only sense. I think if the a car was a little nicer it would be worth spending some money. Cheap great cars for sure. I have one too.

There's plenty of mileage left in that car, I'd think, but as a labour of love by an enthusiast; as Will says, it's pretty close to being beyond economic repair.

Duplicate post deleted.

Well its gone; to a fellow enthusiast sympathetic owner. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom